Cheryl was "sick"

ACE

WOW! This might explain why Levick was "sick" and couldn't make the banquet. The timing seems terrible. It actually seemed like Sodeberg was getting in on some good recruits this spring. This should have been done right after the season. Levick must have somebody in mind.

i am thinking this is not cheryl. this is being done from above. i had an e-mail exchange with cheryl yesterday and if she was in on it, she is the best liar i have encountered in sometime. i do not think this is a levick decision.

Hmmmm... Biondi and Co being control freaks again? Imagine that. Hire an extremely capable AD and then do her job for her. (or so it seems) I hope this is a good move, though I have a feeling it isn't. I wish the higher ups would just swim around in their sea of gold and keep their noses out of #####. Maybe Chaefitz had some say, it's tough to say.

>i am thinking this is not cheryl. this is being done from

>above. i had an e-mail exchange with cheryl yesterday and

>if she was in on it, she is the best liar i have encountered

>in sometime. i do not think this is a levick decision.

Roy, why would you expect Levick to tell you exactly what she thought about Soderberg?

There is NO WAY Cheryl didn't know this was coming. She indicated to me several months ago that they would conduct a thorough review of the men's basketball program and the coaching situation at the end of the season. This is HER JOB!

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

I agree. She might have been "sick" because she just couldn't attend the banquet and put a good face on it. It might have actually made her physically sick to talk up the program with this decision waiting in the wings.

because if she was in on it, she would have been better to not even to have responded to my message or at the very least not write the supportive words she did.

like i said, if she was in on it, she is the best liar i have ever encountered. and i do not think that is the case. she is a good person.

There is no doubt in my mind that she was "sick" because she did not want to attend the banquet and say nice things about the season or Brad or the coaching staff. The fact that she let Brad go to Kentucky and recruit Pettigrew on Monday is very surprising. This feels a lot like when Grawer was fired except that we only won five games that year and we won 20 this year. When did we become Kentucky?

I gotta say, given that Levick is the AD, it's hard not to believe she was involved. However, at the same time, the SLU press release is a little weird - includes no quotes/statements from Levick and it's written from the perspective of the University/institution (e.g. "Institution decides to change leadership in the men's basketball program."). You get the impression this decision could have come from higher up. When a coach gets fired, you'd think the AD would have something to say about it.

This is how things are done at major programs. The President and AD have to pander to the boosters to raise the big bucks. The boosters ultimately drive these decisions, and the President and the AD manage the decisions.

In this case, I like the decision but am very curious about the timing.