Good news on the recruiting front

He will probably not sign till after the signing date. He has a visit scheduled for UT on April 13.

"One of the nation’s top junior college forwards, Rodney Alexander, is set to visit Knoxville on April 13th. He is listed at 6-7, 225 and has already visited Butler, Saint Louis, Illinois and Indiana. Alexander is the only visit that Tennessee has scheduled at this point."

I pulled this from the following site:

http://www.volnation.com/blog/

Actually the people who have posted on here a while know that I grew up a huge, huge Sooner fan. Spent most of my childhood at odds with my family over it who are all bigger UT fans than Roy is a Billiken fan. At my Dad's memorial we all wore Burnt Orange UT shirts and played the Eyes of Texas at the end. Even my Dad's best frien who is a proffessor at A&M held up his hand with the Longhorn sign at the end. In recent years though, as a fan I have tired of the constant shenanagins at OU. Just too much cheating over and over.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

If anybody is calling for Mike Anderson's head for not locking up this kid.

I have got to give Brad credit for hanging in there with the big boys on this kid so for. He needs to close the deal on at least to of these jocus or the spring period will be a bust no matter how good Michell and Relephorde(sp) turn out. This team needs immediate help.

I don't know Brian the SLU fan in me is pretty worried that Bruce Pearl gets his crack at the kid this weekend. Unlike Coach Soderberg...I think he has a better track record of closing. All one needs to do is look at the stable of athletes he has ammassed in his short tenure as Vols HC.

>If anybody is calling for Mike Anderson's head for not

>locking up this kid.

>

>I have got to give Brad credit for hanging in there with the

>big boys on this kid so for. He needs to close the deal on

>at least to of these jocus or the spring period will be a

>bust no matter how good Michell and Relephorde(sp) turn out.

> This team needs immediate help.

Anderson used the only available scholarship on 3 star recruit Justin Safford. There are rumors that a scholarship, could open up and be used but nothing definitive. Just rumors that Horton and Dandridge might transfer for their last season. But if that doesnt happen and Lawrence doesnt go back on academic which is unlikely, Anderson and Mizzou dont have any scholarships open.

once a player has played at a school and decides to transfer he must sit out a year. Its different for recruits that back out of the LOI because the coach changed schools.

So with that being said, make no doubt about it, if Horton or Dandridge leave MU its likely because they were effectively forced out. Transfers before senior years are very rare.

"If anybody is calling for Mike Anderson's head for not locking up this kid."

If Mike Anderson had as little success recruiting over the last 5 years as Brad has had maybe it would be a little different. But what he did last year after taking the Mizzou job in getting Stephon Hannah and keeping Keon Lawrence is reason enough to believe his recruiting will be just fine.

"I have got to give Brad credit for hanging in there with the big boys on this kid so for."

Do you have any real information that says we are even still being considered?

>once a player has played at a school and decides to transfer

>he must sit out a year. Its different for recruits that

>back out of the LOI because the coach changed schools.

>

>So with that being said, make no doubt about it, if Horton

>or Dandridge leave MU its likely because they were

>effectively forced out. Transfers before senior years are

>very rare.

Its not that rare. Happens every year, even last year with Marco Killingworth to Indiana. James Douglas transferred from Mizzou last year after his junior year. Can't a school release you and let you play right away with NCAA approval. Isnt that what happened with all Baylor kids after the Dennehy tragedy? All those transfers were able to play right away at their new schools and made the NBA. Kind of makes you wonder how good Baylor would've been had they stayed.

The Baylor tragedy was a special circumstance.

James Douglas was told to leave MU and I'm pretty sure he didn't go to another D1 school.

Marco Killingsworth did not appear to play last season because he had to sit out... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=5557

If you can show me a single example of a junior transferring to another school and not having to sit out (besides very special circumstances such as Baylor) I'd be shocked.

Occasionally there are juniors that choose to transfer and sit out a year but those are few and far between.

Again, if Horton or Dandridge leave it likely won't be on their own accord.

Killingsworth sat out a year at IU.

a 3rd year player can graduate, transfer, and play immediately, like the kid at UNLV this year.

other than that, only very special circumstances, which is case by case, as in Baylor.

another subject: what if Pullen and Sutton wanted together to come here, to St. Louis U.?? just a fantasy, probably. I wonder if Coach S. would bite? we could use a top 100, still growing rebonunding machine like Sutton. and with a 5th scholley we could still sign MG, or one of the other bigs.

We are still on the kid's list? Show me a statement by the kid that says we are still on his list. That is what I was asking. The articles linked in this thread said nothing of the sort. they just said we offered in the fall and he visited in the fall.

Some list that is on Rivals or something that likely hasn't been updated in 6 months does not count...

Show the information that he DOES.

Still on the kids list???? Did you speak to him recently,if not you do not know what you are talking about.....AGAIN

Another words you just say anything that comes out of your mouth and spread it as fact....know you must be so so tired of not having a basketball program

But dont make things up.......you already have looked so so dumb with your underachievments.