The streets

p diddy

visits on the horizon. Some you have already mentioned.

Mantas Grieskanas (Three Rivers C.C.) 6'7"

Barry Eberhardt (Coffeyville J.C.)6'6" 250

Johnny Harris (Chipola J.C.) 6'7" 250

The Pettigrew kid from kentucky 6'6"

The Jeff Peterson visit has already been discussed.

- rodney alexander was still a outside possibility, but a relative (uncle or something) pretty much took control of the situation and is pushing for high major offers. actually, that was done in the fall until ol' unc stepped in.

bad boyz for life

That certainly is good news, but I get the impression everyone is a DISTANT second to UK if UK offers. This kid would be a great sign for the staff, and maybe he would come here with a chip on his shoulder to prove to Kentucky that they missed out on a great player. Then again he may spend four years depressed that he never got to live out his dream of playing for UK.

Wouldn't it be unreal to hear someone say they grew up dreaming of playing for SLU?

This article appeared on Rivals a few days ago:

Elizabethtown (Ky.) star Steffphon Pettigrew was pretty sure he wouldn't be playing for Tubby Smith. The ex-Kentucky coach expressed interest in the state's top scorer, but it became apparent that a scholarship offer wasn't coming.

Steffphon Pettigrew

Pettigrew now knows he will not play for Smith. What is less certain, however, is where he stands with Kentucky during the coaching search. Pettigrew says he's watching the news around the Kentucky program, but he isn't neglecting other business.

"I'm looking," he said, "but right now I'm looking at schools that are coming down to see me all the time, so I'm really focusing on them right now."

He has to wait and see who Kentucky hires before thinking seriously about the Cats, but he remains hopeful that the new coach will take notice.

"I kind of wanted to be coached under Tubby all my life, but if he has to go then that's what is best for him," Pettigrew said. "Hopefully the new coach that comes in will start looking at me a little more. "

Despite being a Kentucky fan, Pettigrew (6-foot-5, 210) said he would not jump at an offer from the new coach, and he won't wait forever. Pettigrew is in the process of setting up visits with UMass and Saint Louis, and he has strong interest in Western Kentucky and Duquesne. Is there room for Kentucky to sneak back in the picture?

"Well, UK is in the top four, but right now it would have to be between Western, UMass, Duquesne, and Saint Louis."

As of late, WKU has been coming on strong.

"I've been talking to (Coach Darrin Horn) a lot and I went down and played pick up with their players. I really enjoyed that. And then he came down and watched my pick up games today."

In the meantime, Pettigrew still has some hoops to play. He will play in the Kentucky Derby Festival Classic and the Kentucky vs. Ohio all-star game. He will also tryout for the Kentucky All-Stars this summer, and he is a favorite to win Kentucky Mr. Basketball.

Pettigrew averaged 33.4 points and 13.4 rebounds during his senior season.

"and what constitutes an official vs any other visit?"

I asked this question a few weeks ago. An official visit is paid for by the University. Unofficial is by the kid. I believe a student can only take so many official visits, but I don't know the restrictions by the school. I've never heard of any.