McKenna and Deniro just railed....

TheBand

On 1380 on the Pulitzer publication for their continued placement of Billiken stories below Mizzou stories. Kind of funny. He says "Does the Columbia Tribune give top placement to SLU? Why the hell should I care about a team thats not in my hometown"

Good stuff

I have to question you on your '1380 is Tiger Radio' comment.

I certainly havent heard much pro-Tiger talk there and one of the hosts of the afternoon show is the PBP guy for the Lady Billikens. He's always raving about SLU. Heck, the only pro Mizzou stuff is spouted by Demetrius Johnson and he's an occasional guest at best, not a regular one. Mo Scott tonite was quite complimentary to SLU during the segment I heard and McKenna was quite adament about his support of Soderberg.

Give them a try, they are a nice alternative to the other station down the dial and James Brown's show has the best national guests on a daily basis.

I haven't to the station really since they took off the foxhole but I know the show with Stull on after the midday show is big time tigers. I know they had a producer or asst that was into SLU and they razzed him all the time. Does anyone know the website for 1380. I have a hard time remebering all the hosts but if I saw their on air roster I could easily point out the big time Mizzou guys.

in your own house, say what you want. it amazes me that the tiger fandom will treat us as dirt anywhere anytime. you dont see any of us over ripping on the tigers at the tigerboard do you? and my gosh we sure have had on and off the court opportunities to have fun there if we wanted to. that is the difference.

Now now - take it easy. You are the one who said you root for the team that goes consistently to the Big Dance so that I assume would be MU given that over the past 5 years they have gone more than SLU. Therefore, you have opened yourself up for people to question that you like both teams. What you might want to do is change your handle for this board - then people would not already be expecting you to make a negative comment. Hard to convince people that you really like both teams when your handle is MU2000 - how about SLU/MU2000 or BBlover2000 or whatever. Just some constructive advice if you are going continue to get upset when some on the board do not accept your comments as genuine.

I actually would like to meet you MooFan. That is nothing new. I said that well before Christmas. No, not to fight you by the bike racks. I much prefer a back alley brawl. Kidding. No, I would like to put a name with a face. You never cease to amaze me and I would like to see the face behind that, that's all. I cannot believe for the life of me, how you can come on this board from day one and stir up all kinds of trouble and then not expect perpetual ribbing from us true Bills fans. Did you seriously believe you wouldn't get that based upon your posts from day one and your continued posts? Do you not feel you bring it upon yourself?

Just when I thought I was used to you and took you for what you were, you say something else. You really are a true MU fan, I will give you that. True MU fans do the same thing you do. Here you are making a comment about how you'll go watch a team that makes the tourney on a consistent basis. Would you ever make that comment if you really liked both teams? Absolutely not. You are like a lot of MU fans in that you make a comment like that. If it benefits MU and makes them look favorable, you'll bring up last year and previous years. If you could you would be rubbing this year in our face. But, you can't. The moment is now. History is history and the future is the future. So, argue about things now. Your real favorite team is underachieving this year all around. Please except that. Your golden boy caoch is failing this year. Your own people, the MU fans, have been calling for his head all year. Your AD department is in shambles. Your under an investigation and yet you, like most MU fans, don't want to accept any of that? Why is that? MU could be 2-18 and Coach Q could be fired and MU could be banned from the NCAA for 8 years and you and your fans would spin it that your still a college powerhouse and refer to previous years and then state the reasons for the bad season were because of all these other things that never happened. I can understand when fans are emotional and passionate. We are all that way, but you being taken for passion and emotion died out like 15 seconds after your first post. After those 15 seconds you've proven you have no credibility in any sense, you are incapable of objectivity, you certainly aren't a Bills fan no matter how many posts you state that you are, and your intelligence level seems to be that of an underdeveloped sloth.

I personally am so enjoying what you may call fanaticism about your team as nothing more than an exercise of ignorance.

I still laugh about your message at the bottoms of your posts saying MU is #3. Ha!

MuFan2000 isn't like me. I believe he likes SLU but loves Mizzou. I could be wrong, though.

As for me (before some of you jump on me), it's been hard to really get into Mizzou this year. I don't enjoy Tigerboard and spend far, far less time there than I do here; I've been jaded by the program's off-the-court mess; and the Tigers have been very disappointing on the court. But I still listen to and/or watch all of the Tigers games (as I do with the Billikens games) and accumulate their stats on my computer, and I'm still rooting for both teams to reach the NCAA Tournament (the season isn't over, yet), so I think I can say I still love both teams. (But my love of Missouri may have to be tough love until Quin Snyder shapes up or gets shipped out!)

First of all, you have ripped on SLU. Secondly, if you were a true fan - no, wait a second. If you were just a fan and kind of liked SLU, I don't see why you would rip on them at all. Criticism, always welcome. But ripping on them? Like choosing to support "the team that makes the tournament consistently". That's ripping.

Remember, I have a long-held emotional attachment to Mizzou that was once stronger than my emotional attchement to SLU (back in the days when SLU was in a mid-major conference and couldn't be heard on a reasonable strong radio station).

The approach of the MU program wasn't always vagabond, you know. Then again, if I survived probabtion in 1991, then I can survive the current mess, though I also think Quin Snyder should be fired for the combination of his inability to run a program above-board and his inability to contend for a conference championship with the wealth of talent he somehow managed to lure. I'm sure we all have loved ones who do things we don't approve of, but while we hate the misdeeds, we still love the person. Well, my love is for Missouri but not Snyder. Also, the Tigers beat Nebraska, but all is not well, in my mind. Even if Missouri should somehow recover and reach the NCAA Tournament, I think Snyder should go -- he's reminding me of Steve Lavin.