The new Arena

bauman

I have 4 seats so that's an additional $4800 a year? I know that doesn't necessarily mean SLU will do that, but that is ridiculous. If there is an annual fee like that, there's no way thay will fly. then again, we would have to define if it's the entire lower bowl on the sides, etc.

Thanks Cowboy. Anybody else heard amounts or want to take a stab at what they think it would be?

what scares me is they set prices, those of us that cant afford pick lesser seats, then when the seats arent filled they better not give those higher priced seats to people below us at a lesser price. we better get first dibbs at the better price.

that said, that is a nightmare waiting to happen.

they'd be better to price lower to insure all are taken and then gradually raise the prices in subsequent years to find the tolerance lines.

i have to believe they will be reasonable. the last thing they want to do is build an arena and no body comes.

It sounds like there will be 3-4 types of PSL levels (1 time fee similar to what the Ram's did when they came to town). I have heard the top PSL level is close to $5,000 (current seats that are on the floor at Scottrade) and the lowest level be be $500 - $1,000. Your season ticket location will be based on $$$ donated to SLU or Billiken Club Membership points as well amount of time you have held season tickets.

This comes from a pretty good source and there will be an announcement coming next month.

The cost of college basketball has gone up all over. I found some info on Louisville's program, here is the link:

http://louisville.edu/athletics/development/seating-mbb.htm

The top priority for 4 tickets is $1600 per seat plus cost of tickets and a minimum gift/donation of $150,000 paid over 5 years. I think every season ticket sold has a donation amount attached to it.

The seat donation thing is probably a coming thing - can not change that. Roy, is correct - those who have held those nice seats and have not been a Club member will be whining big time. The lower price donation seats or the first row of non-donations will go fast to those who are Club members and the others will be stuck either paying more or settling for worse seats. This is a one time opportunity so I plan to think long and hard about the options when they are released. I have 3 seats - sell one to my brother - and I have told him that he is simply going to have to pony up if I decide to get the better seats. I am sure they will use the same priority upgrading process as now - when a seat is unbought, you can upgrade but it is based on your Club membership ranking as to who selects first. Where Yow got in trouble was that she made 2 mistakes: 1. allowed the people sitting in the lower bowl at Kiel to pick first since she assumed they were the big money people not realizing that many of us sat up top not because we were cheap but because the first couple of rows up top actually where better viewing seats than in the back of the bottom bowl 2. She let people buy more tickets the first time around then they owned thus creating a shortage of good seats for those coming later in the day to pick. Surely they will remember these foul ups and not repeat them. Parking - get ready to walk - I walk already 2-3 blocks to the Scott Trade Center - no big deal.