Interesting

UE_BBALL

People here claimed that the MVC was obsessed with SLU since some fans posted here. Yet when many here asked that we stop posting, we mostly did. However, why is it that the MVC board is now being filled with garbage from SLU fans about how superior SLU is to the Valley? If you want to post on our board, go ahead. Nobody there has demanded that you leave or stop posting. But if thats how it is going to be, why all the hostility when people post over here?

I can only speak for myself but would welcome posts from MVC fans who want to talk sports. I believe most posters on this site share that view but there is a vocal minority in just about any online community you go to who trash talk supporters of any other team regardless. I think you'll see a post shortly from the guy who's board this is (slusignguy) welcoming you and all MVC supporters.

p.s. The prevailing view on this board is that going to the MVC would not be a good move for SLU. However, that doesn't mean we don't want to trade thoughts with our MVC brethren (pardon the double negative).

I share in those thoughts as well. It's not my board, so who am I to say - but post away! You have to understand there are some rigid people on this board like all sports boards. Don't let it bother you, let it fuel you. Like the post that was just stated, I too think SLU moving to the MVC would not be a good mood for our program. A lot of people in here may challenge you, but that should be exciting for you. I may give you hell when you post should I be in the mood, but it's all in fun. I certainly won't bad mouth you too much, it's not like we are National Champions over here.

I don't think any one minds any posters who come on to discuss sports ... it is when people come on with an obnoxious attitude knocking the Bills that I don't like.

Likewise I wouldn't condone Posters from this board to go on another board either an make themselves look like an idiot ...

i visited for one thread to straighten out some misinformation that the board was spreading. after that, i havent been back. i just looked and only saw a few threads by one slu poster. i sure didnt see a large number of posters fighting there.

when i visited there, other than a couple of true roundheads that wanted solely wanted to fight, my posts and replies were all information and honest answers and very little opinion.

if i had opened up with vehement words i would have deserved all the valley faithful would give to me as it is your house at valleytalk.net. however, you come here with a fight, you can expect the same from the faithful here. you are welcome to post, but dont expect anyone to thank you if you want to tell us the billikens suck or that slu should be sms's practice team, or that we arent even good enough to be a member of the valley, etc. you come firing bullets, they will be returned appropriately. same with any billiken fan over there, they unload in your house they deserve what they get.

I'm not saying SLU should join the MVC, especially if better options are out there. Most MVC fans realize that SLU is going to take the best option they have, and I respect that. I don't really see why there is the need to attempt to bring down another conference (MVC) in the process of doing that. It's gotten to the point over on Valleytalk that one SLU poster has little more to use than trying to say SLU is better because they are a better academic school. SLU was in a better conference, and going to the A10 will still be in a better conference, than the MVC. The problems come from fans saying well SLU is going to the A10 because "the schools in the MVC suck and we are better than them."

And I realize that most of the posters here haven't had that attitude towards it and respect the MVC. But there are many who don't, and of course they are the ones that end up accidentally skipping over this thread.

ue ball said, "the schools in the MVC suck and we are better than them"

well if you look at the recent rpi numbers for the last few seasons, this is pretty close to true for the biggest majority of the mvc. and if siu and creighton come back to the pack now that there greatest coach ever (weber) and greatest player ever (korver) are gone, it might look even worse.

it looks to me you just want to fight about this or want some kind of endorsement from slu fans in general. why else would you be over here starting this? i doubt seriously you will get much satisfaction.

me yell at officials? you must have me mixed up with someone else. i am one of the "quietly sitting golf clappers" that tonka is going to throw beer and nachos on tonite.

i always wear billiken blue to every game. EVERY ONE SHOULD HAVE ON BILLIKEN BLUE. create the sea of blue. it would be intimidating as hell and probably alone be worth 5 points per night. why everyone cant do this is amazing to me.

i dont have a teflon coated shirt though.

Roy, it's interesting reading your posts and your comments. You often quote people so you comment correctly. I wish you did that all the time. But, now that you mention it, you'd be a guy I'd like to throw my beer and nachos at. Unfortunately, I don't eat nachos to throw and not to mention, I better watch watch out for you so "heads don't roll".

Please, please, please, for the sake of us all, have them lighten the starch!!!!!!

Well, I wouldn't call ValleyTalk.net full of SLU Superiority talk (I admitedly only glanced over it), SLUDrew posted something today, but no responses. You know the situation better than I do, so I will leave it at that.

But, as jjray predicted, any MVC fan is welcome on this board. But remember, you are going on another team's board. I won't tell you that you are not welcome, but I cannot control everyone else. It is like if a person decked out in Kansas gear will make it very far into the Hearnes center without a taunt or two. The same goes with SLU fans, we will defend our team to the death. Also, there has been some SLU Bashing as well from your side, but that is expected. It is just how it goes.

You are more than welcome on this board in my book, but remember, I am not everyone. I am apologize if you do not feel welcome on Billikens.com. I can't say much more than that.

Steve

tonka john wooden used to say that a good homecourt could be worth 5-10 points a game. meaning a loud crowd, distractions, etc.

you mentioned you want noise. i agree the louder the better. however, face it, there are the golf clappers out there and that isnt going away. i dont want them to go away. they contribute to the program probably far more than anyone else and deserve the thrill of billiken basketball as much as anyone else.

while the vocal effort maybe just wont happen, i cant believe they cant wear a billiken blue nice sweater, or golf shirt, or some sort of royal blue outfit to each game. there is no effort to that and it would contribute to the atmosphere.

a couple of years ago when we were on espn, at the first time out of the game, the billiken club handed out blue t-shirts to about the first 10 rows. it was intimidating. now just think if it went to the ceiling! the sea of blue. that is what i am talking about.

you go to a bearcat game or a louisville game at their respective courts, i bet well over 70% of the crowd is red and black. memphis is typically decked in blue and gray. more and more when watching marquette on tv i see that predominant school bus yellow. it works. we need to do our job.

B-Roy I have seen you refer to Korver as the best player ever from Creighton a couple of times now, but I don't think this statement is true. I would have to say the best player ever for Creighton would be Paul Silas, now coach of the LeBron James Cavaliers. Silas averaged over his 3 year career 20.5 points and 21.6 rebounds. Also in the 1960's Creighton had Bob Portman who averaged 24.6 points and 12.9 rebounds over his career. Also Bob Gibson averaged over 20 points a game, but everyone here knows him as the Cardinals pitcher. Creighton had Benoit Benjamin in the 1980's who also averaged a double double, 17.7 points and 11.3 rebounds. While Benoit's effort/intelligence could be questioned, he still has to be mentioned when talking about Creighton's best ever. More recently under Altman, Creighton has had to replace the career scoring leader Rodney Buford and career assist and steals leader Ryan Sears. Altman has shown the ability to find replacements for these players and while one player will not replace Korver, I don't expect much of a drop off either.

As far as Creighton's best player ever, I would put Korver probably 3rd behind Silas and Portman.