Recruiting tidbit

MU88

according to this link, these players identify slu as one of three schools recruiting them. why do we have no chance?

the recruiting talk on here is ridiculous. we don't get someone and everyone automatically assumes we blew it. we sign someone or someone expresses interest and everyone assumes we either have no chance or the player is no good.

http://njhoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=640730

As much as I hate Duke, I don't mind Bilas. And their lesser-name guys generally get the job done. But once they become more notable, they seem to become charicatures of themselves. I can barely stand to watch games with Dick Vitale as the commentator- he's out of control, and the network needs to take him out with a few tranquilizer darts and keep him sedated. I think they ought to do the same with Bill Raftery. Every time I hear him forcefully shout "Just a little kiss" I want to give him just a little frying pan to the face to knock his mouth out of commission. Don't even get me started on Billy Packer.

Generally, I tend to think the best announcers and commentators are just the ones that play it straight. They don't need to be these "personalities" on ESPN and CBS. They should be like refs- when you don't notice them, they're doing a great job.

As for Erin Andrews, she seems to be a standout over there. I would like to see the gender politics of TV journalism change and not see attractive women turned into sideshows on the sidelines and only men in the booth (how about journalistic merit to determine jobs?), but that's a different discussion altogether.