Roy's dilemma and farewell

slu72

I can certainly see why you say this, but Roy's been around were a while and I remember posters that would literally spend their entire time trying to drive Roy crazy and get under his skin. There's been people who have gone to his work website and posted his picture. I have seen people go to many extremes to get under his skin and in all the years he's never done a farewell. I guess time will tell.

but I don't think this is the first time Roy has posted a "farewell." I'm almost certain he's done it before although I can't remember the particulars of the previous good-bye.

As sure as you are that the sun will rise tomorrow, you guys can be certain that Roy will post again on this board.

Its like heroin to him and many others (including myself) like him.

We'll just say he retired then. Many come back from retirement. If it's like heroin then he went to rehab and if rehab is successful he won't be back. Or, maybe he got a big contract to post at another message board and once his contract is up and assuming there is no "non-compete" clause he will be back in time.

Retirement, I like that. Roy is retired. If we retire his username and hang it from the Billiken.com links then when he comes out of retirement will he have to come back with a different username? If so, what will he be? roy billiken? belleville billiken? roy the legend?

Just thought of something, crymdog2 would certainly have an insight on Roy's retirement. crymdog2?

I don't see a bunch of new SLU-talk posts over at STL-Today yet. Maybe he is over at the A-10 board.

Along the lines of Where in the World is Waldo, we should start a "Where in the Internet is Roy" thread and anchor it to the top of the board. Anybody that sees a Roy post should copy the link so that we can all know what his latest thoughts are. :)

Roy, if you are reading this, and I know you will at some point, I'm just having some good-natured fun.

unless i am wrong this IS an internet message board, very different than a dinner party, it is 2007, technology has given us this gift or curse, but it still is what it is, so you should know the rules/possibilities/shortcomings going in

maybe it is different than it was 4 years ago before i started reading, but some things change

i find it amusing that some think just because someone posts 15000 times that they are the most passionate fan, but i guess depending on how you define most or passionate one could see it that way

the one thing i have always understood here is that it is signguy's sandbox and he is the one allowing us to play, and at times throw sand at each other, but maybe the sandbox consumed some people too much in that it became more than a place to play

Cowboy, I think that was well said. In fact, as others have said before this board is tame from many others. You want to see bad, go to an MMA board and discuss fighters and fighting styles.

This board is tame compared to other basketball boards. I think what frustrates many on this board is that they wish it was more a local bar or as you would say, dinner party. You're right, this is an internet message boards and for as long as they have been around they have been breeding grounds for cyber bullies, cowards, sh#t disturbers, immaturity, etc. I think the more civil posters don't understand why things have to get uncivil at times. In Roy's farewell, he even admitted being pulled into doing that himself and I as much as he disliked others doing it, I'm sure he didn't like it even more.

Enough said...I hate when we have a week off between games.

If there were any recruits at the MU game today, they saw KU play a great game.

>You maybe wondering how did B-Roy's Billiken Board Posting

>saved a life? Well here is the story.....

>....It was March 2003 and I was attached to 3rd ID outside

>of An Najaf. A bird had just landed kicking up desert sand

>all over us as we eagerly awaited the needed water supply

>and first delivery of mail since the ground operations

>began. I waited as they opened the mail bag and heard name

>after name called and happy soldiers walk away with letters

>from home. I had previously arranged for Roy to send me

>highlights of the Billikenboard while I was deployed and he

>graciously agreed to do so being such a huge fan. So I was

>hoping for the news of SLU's run into the NIT. I began to

>walk away sullen that my name hadn't been called and I

>missed out on Billiken news. Just then I heard,

>"Lieutenant, letter for you from some guy named Roy!" from

>about 50 yards away. I began to sprint back to retrieve the

>letter and at that exact moment a mortar round landed where

>I had been standing. If Roy hadn't been such a huge fan and

>billikenboard poster I would have never gotten that letter

>and I could be dead right now. Roy is a true Patriot,

>Billiken fan and asset to the board and I owe him my life.*

>

>

>

>

>

>

>*everything in the preceding message is true except for the

>part about the mortar round

This may be the gayest post ever. I came here to comment on Roy's departure but couln't pass this up. And I thought Roy was an attention *****, you just might take the cake Anal Bomb.

This coming from the guy who has 50% of his posts trying to find a way to insult Roy.

C'mon, Phan you are going to miss him tremendously. I would bet you dream about Roy. Your life was impacted so greatly by Billiken Roy that you actually have "I hate Roy" in your sig. It's ok, bud...Roy's a good guy. You don't have to $hit on everything so people think you're a hardass. I'm sure you have the link to Roy's pic bookmarked (maybe it was billsboys who posted that) so you can look at him and remind yourself of how grand life was with Roy as a part it.

>This coming from the guy who has 50% of his posts trying to

>find a way to insult Roy.

>

>C'mon, Phan you are going to miss him tremendously. I would

>bet you dream about Roy. Your life was impacted so greatly

>by Billiken Roy that you actually have "I hate Roy" in your

>sig. It's ok, bud...Roy's a good guy. You don't have to $hit

>on everything so people think you're a hardass. I'm sure you

>have the link to Roy's pic bookmarked (maybe it was

>billsboys who posted that) so you can look at him and remind

>yourself of how grand life was with Roy as a part it.

I'm trying to figure out why my Post was deleted? What did I say that was so offensive. Can one of the moderator let us know what is appropriate on this board any more. I thought the FCC was bad. Here you can't say anything remotely critical without getting censored.