Watts destroying the competition for Cowley

VTIME

Check out the numbers from his last five games. 24pts including game winner with 1.8 second remaining vs Independence CC ,23pts vs Highland CC, 21pts vs Coffeyville CC, 24pts vs Johnson County CC,and 19pts vs Allen County CC. I hope Brad has offered him. He just flat out gets the job done. Big time player.

They tried to play him on the wing, and he was awful, they moved back inside and he is thriving. However, he is 2-3 inches shorter than our current undersized pf, albeit with much, much better post moves, but minus the consistent midrange jumper.

I would imagine he would always be an academic concern, but I could be wrong

I would only offer him a scholly as a last resort this year, that is if he becomes D1 elligible after this year, I am not sure if he has to play juco for 1 or two years since he was an academic nonqualifier out of high school

>They tried to play him on the wing, and he was awful, they

>moved back inside and he is thriving. However, he is 2-3

>inches shorter than our current undersized pf, albeit with

>much, much better post moves, but minus the consistent

>midrange jumper.

>I would imagine he would always be an academic concern, but

>I could be wrong

>I would only offer him a scholly as a last resort this year,

>that is if he becomes D1 elligible after this year, I am not

>sure if he has to play juco for 1 or two years since he was

>an academic nonqualifier out of high school

He's not 6'2. He's a little bigger than that 6'3 maybe 6'4. Also he could play 3 for us. Luke's midrange jumper wasnt considered consistent until this year. He's a power guard. You clear things out and let him operate against a small forward and watch him kill that kid all night. He's not a starter for you. He's instant offense and a guy who could eventually emerge as a go-to-guy at SLU. He's extremely effective in high post game whether as the passer or the recipient. Underrated passer.

"He's instant offense and a guy who could eventually emerge as a go-to-guy at SLU."

Eventually? How many years of eligibility does he have...2? Do we offer and sign based on the fact that he could possibly emerge as a go-to-guy during his last semester? We have more glaring needs than this. If we have a schollie open and we're in "Plan F" mode, then sure.

so vtime i assume he is majoring in business or education and getting the needed credits to transfer to an existing slu major? if not, dont bring his name up again as there is no way he will ever get into slu.

a juco has to satisfy certain academic requirements that a lot of private institutions cant make that transfer possible.

let me know if i need to add marcus jordan v.

ok here is the most recent vtime "brad should be recruiting list"

Kenny Leaverette

Femi John

Anthony Booker

Rodney Ford

Terrance Williams

Jeffrey Jordan

Paul Erckele

Leon Powell

Rich Anderson

Josh Edmonds

Lucas O'Rear

Josh Harrelson

Josh Dale

Torres Roundtree

Nathan Scheer

Ryan Pierson

Bryant Allen

Lonnie Booges

Jordan Loveless

Anthony James

Kavon Lacey

Skylar Suggs

Scott Suggs

John Brandenberg

Jared Swopshire

Gavin Wiss

Kenny Harris

Gerald Jones Jr

Antonio Campbell

Reggie Spears

Gerald Jones (i guess it is a different one, he named him separately in the same post)

Doug Wallace

Sanjay Watts

let me know who else to add V

Once again, all this junk comes from people who have no clue whether or not SLU has offerred these guys, you rely on "inside sources" or "talk heard from a friend who knows this kid" on whether or not SLU has offerred. So if a kid chooses to go play for another team that's Brad's fault? What if a kid doesn't qualify academically, is that Brad's fault? I say we just rely on all of our insiders here on the board to find out what other STL Public school stud we missed that ends up at some Community College or some no name D-1 school and never averages more than 7 ppg playing in some dirt league. Here's an idea, show up at freaking meeting and ask questions to the people offerring the schollies to all these great tradition rich HS programs here in the PSL.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

V-Time is right on about this guy; he can flat out play. All that stuff about inches etc. doesn't apply to real players. Could we use Donnie Dobbs this year, or any year? This guy is a skilled, hard nosed finisher. Strong. Get it done, Brad, if he can transfer into the criminal justice or any other program. If he can do the academics, we should never let him get away. Of course, I have no idea if he wants us...

I would also like to see what he could do. He plays in a very good conference and is obviously putting up big numbers. If he has his transcript together he should get a look.

Also remember there is a big difference between a Luke or Chris Sloan who were perimeter players all their lives and then had to become inside players in college vs an undersized guy like Watts who has always played in the middle and never outside. The adjustment period is different. I have no problem with an undersized PF, I have more of a problem with a PF who is really a wing. Size is not always an issue, but skill sets for certain positions are.

I've only seen him play once and that was a couple of years ago, so I won't comment on whether I think he can play at SLU or not, but my opinion is inline with Torch.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

>let me know if i need to add marcus jordan v.

>

>ok here is the most recent vtime "brad should be recruiting

>list"

>

>Kenny Leaverette

>Femi John

>Anthony Booker

>Rodney Ford

>Terrance Williams

>Jeffrey Jordan

>Paul Erckele

>Leon Powell

>Rich Anderson

>Josh Edmonds

>Lucas O'Rear

>Josh Harrelson

>Josh Dale

>Torres Roundtree

>Nathan Scheer

>Ryan Pierson

>Bryant Allen

>Lonnie Booges

>Jordan Loveless

>Anthony James

>Kavon Lacey

>Skylar Suggs

>Scott Suggs

>John Brandenberg

>Jared Swopshire

>Gavin Wiss

>Kenny Harris

>Gerald Jones Jr

>Antonio Campbell

>Reggie Spears

>Gerald Jones (i guess it is a different one, he named him

>separately in the same post)

>Doug Wallace

>Sanjay Watts

>

>let me know who else to add V

I said we should've offered the younger Jordan with the older Jordan along time ago. Duh. Secondly you still have Josh Dale on their when I told you I dont think SLU should be recruiting and I dont remember ever saying that. Its Lonnie Boga. not booges. I never said recruit Reggie Spears, I just said that he was one of Berkeley's good guards, same with Antonio Campbell. Wallace for sure should have an offer. The Skylar offer should be conditional. Other than that everything else seems to be in order. There is only one Gerald Jones Jr, he's a freshman and he could be something special.

The thread is about Watts. Can we stick to him. He was All-Metro POY in the area (Co-Player of the Year with Alex Moosman. He averaged 29pts and 11rebs. All that has to count for something to the hometown D1. That 49 point outburst he had in the season opener was phenominal, people said he wasnt playing anybody so he followed it up with a 33pt effort the next game of the tournament against a good Belleville East team. He's a player. He plays hard every second. He loves contact, wants to battle bigger guys, is extremely savvy and crafty under dures, and knows how to finish in traffic.

so we are taking dale, spears and campbell off and only one gerald jone. add marcus jordan. that fixes it?

curious why you dont have brandenberg, thompson, soderberg and griffey on the list?

>so we are taking dale, spears and campbell off and only one

>gerald jone. add marcus jordan. that fixes it?

>

>curious why you dont have brandenberg, thompson, soderberg

>and griffey on the list?

Brandenburg, Thompson, and Griffey have offers already. I didnt think I needed them to be on the list seeing as though they have offers, we know they've been recruited. I dont think he has to offer kramer. Femi John has an offer too, so he can off the list as well and anyone that we know for certain has an offer from Brad. I dont have the list so I cant really say any other names off the top of my head that we know have offers.

ok here is the most recent vtime "brad should be recruiting list"

Kenny Leaverette

Anthony Booker

Rodney Ford

Terrance Williams

Jeffrey Jordan

Marcus Jordan

Paul Erckele

Leon Powell

Rich Anderson

Josh Edmonds

Lucas O'Rear

Josh Harrelson

Torres Roundtree

Nathan Scheer

Ryan Pierson

Bryant Allen

Lonnie Boga

Jordan Loveless

Anthony James

Kavon Lacey

Skylar Suggs

Scott Suggs

John Brandenberg

Jared Swopshire

Femi John

Kramer Soderberg

Tyler Griffey

Gavin Wiss

Kenny Harris

Gerald Jones Jr

Doug Wallace

Sanjay Watts

let me know who else to add V

He loves contact, wants to battle bigger guys, is extremely savvy and crafty under dures, and knows how to finish in traffic.

What he and Mr Dures do on there own time is their own business. I would however suggest that they at least pull over. I'm curious as to how you know what he does under Mr Dures though, or is it Miss Dures?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.