New Arena Wish List

TheA_Bomb

We as Billiken Fans can find some comfort in the new $80mil Arena that is currently being built.

What are some specific items/feautures those on the board would like to see? For example what kind of food do we want served?

Perhaps we could see a statue of Easy Ed McCauley outside the main entrance. Or maybe that could wait a year as the arena opening will be special enough for a year.

You gotta' have hot dogs but maybe there could also be some type of special Kielbasa or Bratwurst. Pasta House T-Ravs would be a good addition.

Should there be a SLU Gear Shop and then kiosks spread thoughout or just Kiosks?

The chairs should be blue.

I would recommend against the Pee trough gotta' have the motion sensor urinals these days.

If we are truly to have a home court advantage, the "entertainment" during tiemouts must be curtailed and/or eliminated. When the Savis/Scottrade is 1/3 full, it is an afternoon game and the play is not intense, the "entertainment" fills a void of silence.

Recall, though, in years past when its a Saturday night, the play is good, the building is full, our defense makes a stop and keys a fast break, the other team is on the ropes, their coach calls a time out, the crowd is excited... then some idiot with a microphone comes out to silence the crowd and the Band all for some Joe to "win" a case of bottled water from Shop N Save or an oil change from Jim Trenary under the watertower in St. Charles. Often, the crowd would never get back to that level excitement and the homecourt advantage is gone.

Would also be nice to get 3 beers for twenty spot.

Blue unis at home? I disagree. Home teams should wear white in any sport. It has a cleaner look, even if it's not the color that sells better. I don't like how the NHL switched this, and I don't like that a lot of teams with yellow or gold as a color use that as their home color.

I've seen a couple of other arenas, including Dayton and several NBA arenas that have "Hustle Boards". It basically lists offenvsive and defensive rebounds, steals, forced turnovers, blocked shots, etc. It would be a nice touch.

A crowd that actually cares at least half as much as i do. No more little kids teams wearing jerseys in the crowd they should be given blue shirts at the game for getting the ticket package.

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy