82 replies to this topic

#81 jbizzle09

jbizzle09

Listener of the Streets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Because we need better perimeter shooting production from our 2 and 3 if we want to be a Top 20 team.

If we had KL at the 2, then DE's small forward game would be a better compliment and yet we would have a real solid outside threat. Because we have KM and MM, though, at our 1 and 2, (2 great/quick/guards but both are only 6' tall shooting the 3 over taller guards from our better competition and must run the offense, break the press...), because we have JJ (whose best skill is not his perimeter game either), because it can be argued that CE and RL have shown more success from the perimeter and because CR, JM and GG remain unproven, then rightly or wrongly, it places extra pressure on our players at the 3. Yes, CE and RL each can shoot the 3 but they are bigs and we need a guard or guards to stretch the defense for the bigs.

I really think you are worrying and overthinking this way too much. All of this hand wringing and worrying about how we are going to replace BC's production in the low post is starting to reach PANIC stage on this board, to the point that we are having lengthy discussions about what the '3' means and why DE is best served as an undersized '4'.

We are going to be a top 15-20 team this season and DE is going to play the majority of his minutes (and the team's) at the 3 spot. Case closed. Move on.

#82 bbtds

bbtds

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Valpo basketball.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

I think RM will know exactly what to do with this very talented player, and all the opinions expressed on here won't amount to a hill of beans.

Bogart said something once about a "hill of beans." What exactly is the worth of a "hill of beans?" If they're coffee beans they could be worth a whole lot.

“It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people doesn't add up to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid.”

“Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.”

“They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem.”

“Well everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.”

“I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.”

“I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.”

Bizziken, on 08 Nov 2013 - 8:25 PM, said:

Crews better eat someone's face at halftime

#83 slu72

slu72

I have reached billiken_roy levels of posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,261 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

I think the original script called for "a pile of s&^t.