1-1 Road Trip...thoughts?

JettFlight5

A lot of us thought that 1-1 was the likely result of the road trip. 0-2 would have been disaster, and 2-0 would have been great. Well, the Bills split the difference. Coming off the Xavier win, many of us expected another W. That was not the case. So now that the Bills got the result most of us thought would happen, does that alter perception?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think this road trip showed us that KC shouldn't be a starter. I'm not going to pound on the kid, but I just don't think he should be in the starting 5. Also, I think the savvy that he does provide on offense will help when he comes on the court to relieve our starters.

I also think this road trip showed us that KC shouldn't be a starter. I'm not going to pound on the kid, but I just don't think he should be in the starting 5. Also, I think the savvy that he does provide on offense will help when he comes on the court to relieve our starters.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. Use him off the bench to back up a couple different spots and take advantage of matchups. No one player is responsible, but he needs to assert himself on offense to make sure we're not playing 5 on 4 offensively.

I think we'll be fine the rest of the regular season, but free throws are going to kill us if we don't step it up

What makes it even worse is that out guards struggle from the line.

At then end of a close game I dont want to see JJ, KM, or KC at the line and those are the guys that will be handling the ball.

5 quick thoughts:

1) Missing free throws at the rate the team misses them is unacceptable. I'm tired of hearing "if the team hit their free throws." It doesn't happen (sans the Xavier game). It happens far too often that "if we just hit free throws" the game would be different. Look at the UNCC game as the most recent example. It's got to stop.

2) Manning has to just awful in practice to not get minutes

3) KM is not the same player. Tired of waiting for him to break out. He got OWNED by Umass today. He had has many air balls as points.

4) JJ could be amazing if he hit his free throws

5) I'm worried we are about to see the Conklin of last year. Hurt ankle = a ton of missed bunnies.

Overall: 1-1 is okay with me. Not the way I thought it would go, but whatever. Sucks that 2-0 was a real possibility and the team let it slip out of their hands.

Edit: Slufan13 raises a valid point. How is KC catching flack for this game? Dwayne, Cory, and Kwamain all played far worse than he did.

I'm more frustrated with Dwayne than Cassity. Dwayne has great games and bad games, but they both seem to be pretty big extremes. He'll put up 20 and 10 or he'll go 2-12 like he did today with some terrible terrible shot selection.

Dwayne is big for us. Even with bad games like today. His statline:

2-12 1-4 2-4 5 12 2 1 0 3 3 7

Now Cassity's statline:

0-1 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

And Cassity plays like this EVERY game. He never has a big game game. You would think he was on our left bench coming in with the trash minutes. No, this guy STARTS and makes up one of the most minutes. Oh yeah isn't he a "shooting" guard?

And Cassity plays like this EVERY game. He never has a big game game. You would think he was on our left bench coming in with the trash minutes. No, this guy STARTS and makes up one of the most minutes. Oh yeah isn't he a "shooting" guard?

Dude you are barking up the wrong tree. Kyle played 12 minutes today. TWELVE.

Kwamain played 36 minutes. His stat line:

36 2-9 0-4 0-0 1 1 2 2 0 2 5 4

2 assists and 4 points from your starting point guard. That is awful.

5 quick thoughts:

1) Missing free throws at the rate the team misses them is unacceptable.

2) Manning has to just awful in practice to not get minutes

3) KM is not the same player. Tired of waiting for him to break out. He got OWNED by Umass today. He had has many air balls as points.

4) JJ could be amazing if he hit his free throws

5) I'm worried we are about to see the Conklin of last year. Hurt ankle = a ton of missed bunnies.

Overall: 1-1 is okay with me. Not the way I thought it would go, but whatever. Sucks that 2-0 was a real possibility and the team let it slip out of their hands.

Edit: Slufan13 raises a valid point. How is KC catching flack for this game? Dwayne, Cory, and Kwamain all played far worse than he did.

I agree about DE(although he did well on the boards with 12), CR, and KM, having bad games but the problem isnt in KC having a bad game the problem is that he does nothing while on the floor.

With the minutes he is getting to have a line that read 0 pts, 0 Rebs, 0 assissts, 1 FGA 0 FGM is unacceptable.

If he is going to play so passive that he cant even get into the boxscore he should not be getting the minutes he does.

Dude you are barking up the wrong tree. Kyle played 12 minutes today. TWELVE.

Kwamain played 36 minutes. His stat line:

36 2-9 0-4 0-0 1 1 2 2 0 2 5 4

2 assists and 4 points from your starting point guard. That is awful.

Luckily, I think Majerus is getting sick of Cassity and we are going to be seeing a lot less of him. Has no one else seen the difference in how we place when KC is on the bench vs on the court? We barely saw him in Xavier and we all saw how that went. Whenever he got into todays game while we had something going, we would go back to our old ways.

I will take KM ALL DAY, EVERY DAY over KC. Not even a question.

Lots of bad playing all around today, no question. I expect those players to be back next game though. I cannot say the same for KC, unfortunately. Time to move on.

most of those minutes were in the first half when this got out of hand.

True. I'm absolutely a fan of Cassity coming off the bench and Jordair starting, but I just don't think that today is the day to complain about Cassity. KM, DE, BC all had rough games all around.

Luckily, I think Majerus is getting sick of Cassity and we are going to be seeing a lot less of him. Has no one else seen the difference in how we place when KC is on the bench vs on the court? We barely saw him in Xavier and we all saw how that went. Whenever he got into todays game while we had something going, we would go back to our old ways.

I will take KM ALL DAY, EVERY DAY over KC. Not even a question.

Lots of bad playing all around today, no question. I expect those players to be back next game though. I cannot say the same for KC, unfortunately. Time to move on.

Actually he played 12 minutes in the Xavier game as well.

True. I'm absolutely a fan of Cassity coming off the bench and Jordair starting, but I just don't think that today is the day to complain about Cassity. KM, DE, BC all had rough games all around.

I know. I am just pissed off and need to vent my frustration. KC has not been a player at all this season and I think watching our runs come to an end when he got on the court while we were coming back against Umass has just done it for me and being positive about KC.

Let's go 2-0 at home. Two tough games but if we win them we're 18-5, 7-3 and likely in first place or right there with UMass for first. I'll take that for sure.

UMass won't be in first place very long. If KM does not start playing better and the team does not start playing consistently good, smart basketball, we are not going to get an invitation to the NCAA tournament. Anytime we have a player on one good ankle play better than his teammates, there is something that is not right.