McDonalds Riverwar Game

Hi Billiken Fans;

I know everyone is looking forward to "08" and being in the new arena! We certainly are. :)

As some of you may know, the McDonalds Riverwar Games are scheduled to be played on the 12th at the Chaifetz arena. Since March 10th, an online contest has been going on to determine who the starters are going to be for each team.

For those of you who aren't familiar, please go to www.showtymebasketball.com, on the left hand panel click on the link "Vote 4 Starters." Ideally, you would vote for your favorite person to be a starter in next Saturday's game.

Most voters have failed to understand the technology involved in the voting process, and have been racking up astronomical numbers for some of the boys, only to discover the next morning their friends numbers have dropped significantly. Showtyme has a program in place that will delete multiple votes from the same IP Address, so everyone is asked to please vote only one time.

My son Brett had been one of the top 3 for about the past week, but currently he is in 4th place (if those numbers are a true representation of the actual votes) with a little over 2,400 votes. Personally, I would LOVE to see Brett start and that is why I've come on here, to ask each of you to cast your vote for Brett in the Illinois Boys' bottom box, if you have not already done so. BUT please note; if you do not want to vote for Brett, then make sure you vote for the person you would most like to see start.

There are only two days left in this contest so PLEASE, go to showtymebasketball.com and cast your vote TODAY!

Thanks,

And we'll see ya on the 12th!

Hi Billiken Fans;

I know everyone is looking forward to "08" and being in the new arena! We certainly are. :)

As some of you may know, the McDonalds Riverwar Games are scheduled to be played on the 12th at the Chaifetz arena. Since March 10th, an online contest has been going on to determine who the starters are going to be for each team.

For those of you who aren't familiar, please go to www.showtymebasketball.com, on the left hand panel click on the link "Vote 4 Starters." Ideally, you would vote for your favorite person to be a starter in next Saturday's game.

Most voters have failed to understand the technology involved in the voting process, and have been racking up astronomical numbers for some of the boys, only to discover the next morning their friends numbers have dropped significantly. Showtyme has a program in place that will delete multiple votes from the same IP Address, so everyone is asked to please vote only one time.

My son Brett had been one of the top 3 for about the past week, but currently he is in 4th place (if those numbers are a true representation of the actual votes) with a little over 2,400 votes. Personally, I would LOVE to see Brett start and that is why I've come on here, to ask each of you to cast your vote for Brett in the Illinois Boys' bottom box, if you have not already done so. BUT please note; if you do not want to vote for Brett, then make sure you vote for the person you would most like to see start.

There are only two days left in this contest so PLEASE, go to showtymebasketball.com and cast your vote TODAY!

Thanks,

And we'll see ya on the 12th!

holler. voted.

figure i'll support brett over kyle at this point since he signed WAY back when...

voted...again.

Hey Billikan, are you still paranoid that this website is out to get SLU?

If they have treated all players equally then I accept this explanation. I was not happy to see Femi as a starter eith a lot of votes and then have most of his votes taken away while others seemed to jump big time in one day and they never lost a vote. I have seen too many situations manipulated to feel good about this sort of vote. I am sure the guys will all get an ample chance to play.

Guest BillikenReport

I am sure the guys will all get an ample chance to play.

And the players who perform well will get most of the playing time late in the game.

And the players who perform well will get most of the playing time late in the game.

Vote for Ruben too! Even though his votes are off the chain..going from 22 to 44 percent overnight..I am sure some of those votes will not count. Someone was really busy stuffing that box.