OT: Local going Pro

thefan

what is boggling me with this ahearn with the heat thing, just who is he guarding? i am guessing that in practice pat riley beats his a$$ in one on one matches.

We all know what a talent scout you are Roy. You thought Kevin Lisch's brother should have been all Metro.

Honestly, RogueCop (tough name- I like it!), I did not go to DeSmet. I may have gone there if I had been expelled from or failed out of Chaminade. If you knew anything about MCC basketball when Blake went to DeSmet, you would know that DeSmet's student body, particularly the seniors, were conspicuously absent from the games.

We all know that Chaminade is the Harvard of the MCC :rolleyes: Give it a break dude. And everytime Ahearn comes up you tell everyone who will listen how nobody went to his games and the whole senior class hated him, blah, blah, blah. First of all that's not true. Second of all, you were probably at a circle jerk with all the other pud wackers from Chaminade so how would you know? We get it. You hate Blake Ahearn. But the fact of the matter is, the guy is playing in the NBA right now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know what a talent scout you are Roy. You thought Kevin Lisch's brother should have been all Metro.

so you didnt get very far in the school system i see postcard. comprehension problems and all. i suggested that daniel lisch would serve as an honorable mention as good as some of the many many many missouri players listed. i did not say he should be on the first team all metro team.

but it doesnt surprise me you would have trouble with reading.

maybe this helps.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Allen9.html

so you didnt get very far in the school system i see postcard. comprehension problems and all. i suggested that daniel lisch would serve as an honorable mention as good as some of the many many many missouri players listed. i did not say he should be on the first team all metro team.

but it doesnt surprise me you would have trouble with reading.

maybe this helps.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Allen9.html

Well, you're wrong. And the people who get paid to judge these things think you're wrong as well. I know since Daniel plays on the poor side of the river that you're naturally inclined to overrate him but he's just not that good.

And you're right. I don't have one of them fancy jobs like preditory mortgage lender which is a step above hair stylist and a step below insurance guy.

We all know that Chaminade is the Harvard of the MCC :lol: Give it a break dude. And everytime Ahearn comes up you tell everyone who will listen how nobody went to his games and the whole senior class hated him, blah, blah, blah. First of all that's not true. Second of all, you were probably at a circle jerk with all the other pud wackers from Chaminade so how would you know? We get it. You hate Blake Ahearn. But the fact of the matter is, the guy is playing in the NBA right now.

Postcard, you never cease to amaze me.

First off, I have a lot of respect for all the schools in the MCC. They're all great schools. If I joke about another one of them, it's completely good natured because the schools all have great rivalries. If a DeSmet guy rips on Chaminade, that's fine with me because I know it's all rivalry-based stuff and not the vitriolic hatred you spew for everyone and everything.

Secondly, I know Ahearn is in the NBA. I never disputed that. And all the "Sodie should have offered him" arguments- I've never disputed those either. I just think a lot of people overlooked the fact that there are more sides to recruiting than what the average fan understands. SLU missed on Blake, that is true. We would have loved to have his shooting and FT ability. But there were a lot of question marks with him, too, and everyone either ignores those or simply didn't know about them.

Third, you are wrong about the senior class at DeSmet. I went to a Chaminade-DeSmet game his senior year at DeSmet. There were about 5 DeSmet students and a huge crowd of Chaminade guys- unusual for a game at their gym. When I asked people about it (I was attending SLU at the time and it was the first CCP game of the season I saw), the story was the same from both sides: "the seniors are fed up with Blake and stopped coming a few weeks ago." I don't know how long it lasted, but that says a lot to me.

Fourth, when your argument against me is "you were probably at a circle jerk with all the other pud wackers from Chaminade so how would you know?" you lose a lot of credibility. To argue a point with logic and detail is one thing; to backslide into middle school-style mindless name calling is another. Grow up. And do everyone else a favor and stop posting.

Wow, I didn't know he pulled a Diener.

I felt bad for him about that. There were no academic issues- he got into Chaminade and definitely could have been accepted by any of the area private schools. He was always small and skinny, but not abnormally underdeveloped for an eighth grade kid. It was his dad's decision. He would have been in the high school class of 2002 but was 2003 instead.

I've heard people make the argument that it's not that uncommon or the Dieners did it or look where he is now, but all that doesn't make it right. It's incredibly unethical behavior for a parent to do that, especially when the kid doesn't want to. It's embarrassing to have to repeat the eighth grade for any reason, and is a huge detriment to the kid's social development. And how far behind the other guys would he have been physically? Not enough to make it worth repeating eighth grade.

And you're right. I don't have one of them fancy jobs like preditory mortgage lender which is a step above hair stylist and a step below insurance guy.

Nice one posty! I'd say you should give Roy and I a try but it's quite obvious that you are a few years away from the wherewithal to handle a car or house payment, much less insurance........

Nice one posty! I'd say you should give Roy and I a try but it's quite obvious that you are a few years away from the wherewithal to handle a car or house payment, much less insurance........

Dicky,

I'll wager that I make more money that you any day of the week. Let me know when you want to compare W2's. So until you become more successful than me..............

Dicky,

I'll wager that I make more money that you any day of the week. Let me know when you want to compare W2's. So until you become more successful than me..............

haha....ur full of it. Anybody who would post something like that is full of crap. If you're truly making that kind of money, you wouldn't feel the need to belittle other peoples' careers and gloat about how much money you make. I've also noticed that people like you rarely give any personal information about themselves....probably because of embarrassment.

Dicky,

It must also be a real beotch needing that wheelbarrow to cart around your johnson. PM me your w2 and we'll talk. Oh I forgot, I blocked you.

haha....ur full of it. Anybody who would post something like that is full of crap. If you're truly making that kind of money, you wouldn't feel the need to belittle other peoples' careers and gloat about how much money you make. I've also noticed that people like you rarely give any personal information about themselves....probably because of embarrassment.

To be completely honest, I like most of the people on here. And you can say I'm full of crap all you want. And what kind of money did I say that I was making? I didn't. I just said it was more than Dicky and probably you, and definitely Roy. And I only made fun of the careers of Roy and Rich because they're both pompass a-holes. So I figure what goes around comes around and they deserve it. Also Roy attacked me. And as far as personal information goes I'm not sure what you want from me. I've invited everone on the board down to my seats before. Do you want my social security number, date of birth and credit card #? So you and a few others can hate me all you want. It doesn't bother me or my love for the Billikends.

It must also be a real beotch needing that wheelbarrow to cart around your johnson. PM me your w2 and we'll talk. Oh I forgot, I blocked you.

That's what I thought.

Now get off the board and try and go sell some of that lucractive flood insurance while the timing is good. :lol::lol::lol:

Now get off the board and try and go sell some of that lucractive flood insurance while the timing is good. :lol::lol::lol:

Flood insurance is neither lucrative nor is the timing good. There is a 30 day wait for the policies to become effective unless the property is a new purchase. By the way the NFIP is administered through the Federal Govt. not individual companies.

In any case, a person of your obvious intellect, demeanor, and wealth should be grateful to insurance companies. I'd suggest an umbrella liability policy, because you will likely face a lawsuit in the future.........

i attacked you? by pointing out you misquoted me on my point about nate's all metro teams being far too missouri weighted? that is an attack?

you are a piece of work posty.

and btw, while the mortgage industry indeed has some problems, i dont consider myself and my employer part of the problem.

of course we have no idea what lucrative career you must have to be the jerk you ALWAYS are here to everyone. another argument for why message boards should not be anonomous. you probably wouldnt be so brave if you didnt hide behind your moniker. i never have.

I dont care if it is a joke, if this is going to be allowed, I'm done posting here.

oh, come on, STL, we're not going to have the "-er" vs. "-a" talk again, are we? we're all big boys here, and i PROMISE YOU i speak no differently on here than i do in non-professional settings in "the real world". actually, you could ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you i tone it down A LOT on here. if i was really that offensive, i'd have been punched in the face by now. thick skin is a pre-requisite for this "success" that postcard is popping off about... try to grow some.

oh, come on, STL, we're not going to have the "-er" vs. "-a" talk again, are we? we're all big boys here, and i PROMISE YOU i speak no differently on here than i do in non-professional settings in "the real world". actually, you could ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you i tone it down A LOT on here. if i was really that offensive, i'd have been punched in the face by now. thick skin is a pre-requisite for this "success" that postcard is popping off about... try to grow some.

Not surprising the guy posting the trash on here is also racist. it makes no different if you're a racist in real life and on the board. You come across as one of those goofy white guys who tries to be all funny talking street. It so doesnt' work. And you obviously don't have the sense to not bring that stuff here.

Pistol, first off I don't know Blake Ahearn (personally) but I have only heard good things about him from people who do...and it's not all just basketball related. Now, if your story is true I am assuming his father's decision to keep his son back paid off...as far as getting a scholarship and his education paid for...getting his degree...and now playing in the NBA....IMO...it was a good decision. I fail however to understand why you attack the character of these two people. I haven't heard anything about the father so you must have something more substantial to go by when you made comments about him....so...really my question to you is this....are you formulating your opinion of these people based on the story you told me (Ahearn staying back a grade)...if so I fail again to see how this so called decision makes people a "d-bag" and a another person even worse than that I am sure you have to be making these opinions based on something other than your story? What are the "facts" you know to attack these people's "character"?

Not surprising the guy posting the trash on here is also racist. it makes no different if you're a racist in real life and on the board. You come across as one of those goofy white guys who tries to be all funny talking street. It so doesnt' work. And you obviously don't have the sense to not bring that stuff here.

It is a good thing we have you looking out for the board. Billiken Nation can rest easy.

i won't deeply qualify why i'm not a racist because it's not worth my time. but i'll tell you that i see two types of people - good and bad. the rest is details, sexuality, race, gender, etc. i don't see people any other way, and that's the TRUF®.

and regarding my humor... the times they are a changin'. racial humor is officially funny now, deal with it. and you make the supposition that i'm white. that's racist, isn't it?