MU getting bigger

Interesting point Vee. I do think that MU having 8 schollies for next year is important not only for them/Anderson but also for us. If Anderson does not get quality players then he is saddled with over 1/2 his team for up to 4 years. Also, he can make a dent in the local class that could impact us. I wonder if the Powell vist the other day was based on him going prep school and was really a set up for the next recruiting class.

Jeff Gordon on his morning radio show said there is no way Missouri is through recruiting. They will ask either Glen Dandrich{sp} or Volkus to leave. Matt Lawrece could also give up his scholarship. He did say he thought Powell would not qualify.

while dandridge wasnt anderson's choice, running players off when it isnt a matter of books or off court negatives, is just nasty. i would not think anderson is of that ilk.

Roy - I agree that a short term gain could create longer term issues. Once it gets out that you run players off just to get their schollie then you will take a hit. It is one thing to say to a kid in the spring that signed in the fall with a different coach that he is not fit but to say to a kid that is already at the school and on the team that you are no longer welcome - now that is pretty low. At least to the fall signee he has time to find another place to go - I don't like either case truth be told.

How is that not running a kid off? - all that scenerio is a diplomatic way of saying get lost. For the kid to find another D1 school he would have to sit a year. His only other option would be to go D2. Neither choose not of his own decision are not very good.

That is not running the kid off. Thats being realistic with him instead of putting leading him on and wasting his time and effort. If a kid works hard everyday, he expects to play, especially as a senior. Most of these kids were stars where they are from. None of them want to sit. Telling the kid that would not be running him off. Its letting him know your intentions. You also tell him what he needs to do to earn some playing time if he decides to stay. And what's wrong with sitting out a year. A lot kids dont graduate in 4 years. He would get 2 more scholarship years, and he gets an extra year to make sure he graduates.

Once again easy to say just transfer but that costs the kid another year in school, some credits might not transfer so he may have to stay even longer in school, he will have to leave his friends on the team and those he made in the school, and then he has to find somebody to take him so he could end up at a place he is not all that happy with. Sorry, you tell a kid this you are trying to run him off. No matter how you spin it the kid is gone and not of his own doing. This no difference to when you work some place where the boss decides he does not want you anymore for whatever the reason but he can not fire you without cause you have no idea how hard the boss can make it on the employee - worst assignments, demotions, frozen salary, plum accounts taken away and given to others - so you then decide to leave for another job - can you honestly say that you were not run off even though the boss did not actually say get out? Call it what you want but the end result in both cases are you are run off.

Never did I say that a coach should not tell a player what his shortcomings are - that is his job. What the coach can say is this: You know we are playing a different style of bb than what the team did when you were recruited by the previous coach. Here are the things that you need to improve on if you expect to get playing time. I can help you but realize that what you saw last year will be more of the same so it is important that you learn to play out of your comfort zone. That is a lot different then saying: You don't fit so get!