Members
  • Content count

• Last visited

About Zink

Contact Methods

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

1,936 profile views
  1. Coming back to this thread... Lisch and the Aussies struggling in the first quarter. He hasn't played particularly poorly, they just look to be in a funk as a team.
  2. Gordon, Ramey, and Watson make up my pipe-dream of a class of '18... still in play!
  3. Thanks for expanding on the timeline. This does make it seem like there is probably nothing to the rumor... So it seems like French is definitely a top priority for '17, and I think he'd be a solid addition. He looks like quite the athlete from the highlights I've seen - the mythical werewolf power forward that we've always lusted after. Also he's a lefty, and we are so close to being able to play only lefties that I want this to happen. Who is our other target though? One would think that it is another big of some sort. If Tilmon really is off the table (I'm still hoping he's not, mostly due to the fact that everything that could go right in the Ford-era thus far has), there aren't really that many real center options out there. So we'd probably get a project, or a 4 and just play him up a spot. Anyone else have a different take on the situation?
  4. They are definitely in good shape to medal. Have looked like the second best team for most of the tournament.
  5. So we've essentially got four guards, four bigs, and Johnson (kind of a 3/4). One has to think the minutes will be distributed pretty evenly between all of the underclassmen to see who has what it takes for the tourney run in 17/18, plus good minutes for our seniors because why not. Can't wait until we start the projections thread.
  6. Wow, that was quick. French seems like a solid target. As others have mentioned, using a 4 at the 5 is less risky in the A10 than it was in the Big 12. Regarding Savon Goodman, and why exactly he might want to come here... Maybe he thinks putting up big numbers for one year gets him into a better place professionally? Is he a fringe NBA guy even? Genuinely asking. And finally, let's get Tilmon here. Make it happen, Travis. Goodwin, Henriquez, Bess, Foreman, Tilmon. That's a team that can go deep. Edit: Definitely not (currently) an NBA prospect.
  7. Yeah, this would be a bummer if Ford pulled the rug out from under the kid. However, these students aren't dumb. I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall and realized he was going to spend his senior year on the bench. Even if he improved, it was always going to be hard for him to get pt over the new coach's "guys". Can't blame him for wanting to see more of the court. Best of luck, Marcus. Appreciated the effort you gave as a Billiken. Some program will be getting a very good shooter.
  8. http://heatdiehards.SportsBlog.com/posts/23659653/heat-center-willie-reed-making-the-most-out-of-his-off-season.html
  9. Are we going hard after Watson?
  10. Students often switch into classes after the first week or two and manage just fine. Zeke will have plenty of support from the AD, and the understanding of his instructors. This isn't that strange of a situation and is one that instructors will be more than happy to deal with, as this seems like an excellent opportunity for Zeke.
  11. In retrospect, how telling was it that Yess was Crews' first offer among the local class of '17? Not so much a knock on him, but he never was at the same level as guys like Goodwin and Tilmon. Was this due to small-mindedness or miserable talent evaluation?
  12. Appreciate the info, as usual.
  13. Being chased seems to be the most common type of dream, according to some sleep researchers. You'd have to guess that a Billiken would be involved in one sooner or later, I'm just thankful that it happened to Mr. Goodwin.
  14. And that'd be fine, but we have no proven bigs on the roster who will be around by then besides Foreman. If one of Neufeld/Welmer/Gillmann show something, then we have less reason to be concerned, but bigs generally play fewer minutes than guards anyway - solid depth in the frontcourt is almost as important as talent.
  15. Not sure where to get a conversation about this going, but a recruiting thread seemed appropriate... Ford has managed to pull in four guys who were ranked somewhere between 115-150 in their class (Henriquez, Foreman, Bess, Johnson) and a consensus top 60 guy (Goodwin). Will we have ever seen that much talent on the floor at once? I'm eager to see what Ford can do with this last scholarship, and maybe even one or two more depending on how aggressive he chooses to be. As many have pointed out, a big seems to be the obvious priority. The core of transfers plus Goodwin gives us an incredibly versatile line-up, and could be really strong defensively just due to the fact that we would be able to switch on everything. Bess seems able to defend 1-4, and Foreman looks pretty agile for a big guy. Henriquez is a big wing, and Goodwin also could switch onto the 4 without it being a terrible mismatch. Even Johnson has exceptional length and could probably fill in at the 4, provided he gains some strength. After a rim-protecting big, I'd say the biggest wants (yes, I think we've moved into that territory - our needs would be filled with a solid 5-man) would be another big, a point guard, and an ace shooter to help spread the floor, in that order. Excited to see what's next with Ford leading the way, and doing so exceptionally well thus far.