Tough To Watch Billikens

aj_arete

I taped the Richmond game and was excited to see the Billikens for a change in SW GA. My enthusiasm dampened as I continued to watch it. I like their energy and spunk, but they're tough to watch on the offensive end. I guess there's light at the end of the tunnel if Mitchell comes back and Reed hits the books effectively, but at a seven-figure salary, I would expect more. Does anyone see Majerus staying here over the long haul (2-3 years at least)? If not, it's time to blow up the roster again because I don't want to see Porter Moser as the coach and sticking with the status quo.

I know Cody Ellis was out with an injury, but he was in sophomore slump. Jett and McCall has some potential, but we'll see if this style of offense will eventually suit them because I don't see them as being great outside shooters.

I taped the Richmond game and was excited to see the Billikens for a change in SW GA. My enthusiasm dampened as I continued to watch it. I like their energy and spunk, but they're tough to watch on the offensive end. I guess there's light at the end of the tunnel if Mitchell comes back and Reed hits the books effectively, but at a seven-figure salary, I would expect more. Does anyone see Majerus staying here over the long haul (2-3 years at least)? If not, it's time to blow up the roster again because I don't want to see Porter Moser as the coach and sticking with the status quo.

I know Cody Ellis was out with an injury, but he was in sophomore slump. Jett and McCall has some potential, but we'll see if this style of offense will eventually suit them because I don't see them as being great outside shooters.

-confirmation that things are not going well is a visit from aj

-confirmation that things are not going well is a visit from aj

Best part of his post was when he said it was time to blow up the roster again. We've got 4 freshmen that have all shown take over ability at some point in this season. We've got two all-conference caliber juniors that will be back next year. We've got good role players as seniors next season. And AJ wants to blow up the roster!

I did get a kick out of AJ's proclamation that he was excited to watch an 8-15 team play but had his enthusiasm dampened because they hung with an NCAA caliber team in Richmond until the final minutes...

Yeah, aj the troll is back! :lol: He doesn't see McCall as a great outside shooter? :blink: Yeah, blow up the roster with Jett, McCall, Evans, Loe and Ellis, Barnett, Reed and Mitchell waiting in the wings?!?! :blink: aj actually fooled a few people on this board in the past who didn't recognize that he was a troll, but with his last couple of posts, there is no doubt. ;) The good news is that when things get rolling next year, aj will crawl back under his rock for good.

It's actually easier for me to watch them now than it was at the beginning of the year.

In October the losses bothered me and hurt a bit.

Now the losses are almosted expected, I can just sit back enjoy the game and watch to see the freshman develop and to see what player suprises me with a big game.

All of the losses suck but it doesnt bother me as much because I know what to expect.

If Majerus comes back; Reed successfully completes his studies; and Ellis doesn't become homesick; then I can see the Billikens having a good year next year. I'm just pessimistic on all of those scenarios occurring. If that makes me a troll, so be it...

If Majerus comes back; Reed successfully completes his studies; and Ellis doesn't become homesick; then I can see the Billikens having a good year next year. I'm just pessimistic on all of those scenarios occurring. If that makes me a troll, so be it...

No, it is not what you just said above that makes you a troll, it is what you said in your original post in this thread and numerous other ones over the years that has earned you that honor. You're not fooling anybody. You were called out quickly.