Billikens should have Hansbrough

jimbo said, "But Tyler will get a better pedicure at Chapel Hill than he ever could in STL."

yeah it just killed larry hughes and anthony bonner.

ever think how much better hansborough would look as the main focus? for example, most experts are now talking about wright more than hansborough. and it is my guess that if the draft was held today, wright would get picked before tyler.

however let's say hansborough was at a little school where he was it. his average would likely be in the mid 20's his rpg in double digits, i guarantee you he would actually look better than he does now.

sure he gets more exposure at unc, but a true pro will get found regardless of where he is at.

Does our program have jersey shorts and shoes big enough to fit him lol.

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

very few know about this, but oden actually toured SLU in 8th grade...

things were going great until they took him up to the rec and some clown at the turnstile tried to charge him for a faculty pass. oden got upset and verballed to ohio state. he verballed to the person checking ID's, but he verballed nonetheless.

>jimbo said, "But Tyler will get a better pedicure at Chapel

>Hill than he ever could in STL."

>

>

>

>yeah it just killed larry hughes and anthony bonner.

>

>ever think how much better hansborough would look as the

>main focus? for example, most experts are now talking about

>wright more than hansborough. and it is my guess that if

>the draft was held today, wright would get picked before

>tyler.

>

>however let's say hansborough was at a little school where

>he was it. his average would likely be in the mid 20's his

>rpg in double digits, i guarantee you he would actually look

>better than he does now.

You just said a true pro will be found regardless of where....but prior said that where he is playing...UNC hurts him because of of Wright. You just contradicted yourself.

...with that said...just because Wright is near the tops of people's lists for NBA, which I agree that he is and should be...doesn't take anything away from TH, nor does it mean all of a sudden if TH was on lesser team he would improve his draft status. It would likely be the same, and perhaps worse on teams who couldn't get him the touches, or play well enough to showcase TH.

>sure he gets more exposure at unc, but a true pro will get

>found regardless of where he is at.

You just said a true pro will be found regardless of where....but prior said that where he is playing...UNC hurts him because of of Wright. You just contradicted yourself.

...with that said...just because Wright is near the tops of people's lists for NBA, which I agree that he is and should be...doesn't take anything away from TH, nor does it mean all of a sudden if TH was on lesser team he would improve his draft status. It would likely be the same, and perhaps worse on teams who couldn't get him the touches, or play well enough to showcase TH.

Its just not true that you will found if you are worthy of the pros. Its not even true that if you are very good you go D1. NBA All-Star Ben Wallace couldnt even get a single division 1 offer. Devean George had to division 3. Ben Wallace also went undrafted. He had to work for everything he got. If a guy like Royal Ivey played at SLU as a defensive stopper instead of Texas there is no way he would make the league. Jared Dudley had to pay his way into team camps, just to get a scholarship offer. And then his only offer was from Creighton. He had to personally recruit the BC coaches. Now look at him, Outstanding Big East performer. Mardy collins was a walk-on. Undrafted NBA players like Raja Bell, bruce bowen, Chucky Atkins, Matt Barnes, Andres Nocioni, Udonis Haslem, Anthony Roberson, Jannero Pargo, Reggie Evans, Yakhouba Diawara, Earl Boykins, Chuck Hayes, Charlie Bell, Mark Blount, Ime Udoka, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Rawle Marshall, Damien Wilkins, Mo Evans, Ronnie Price, Devin Brown, and many others are examples of how GM's and scouts are wrong all the time. It happens. Brad was absolutely right about Ian and wrong about Obi. There are guys playing in div II and III ball that should be playing div I and guys in div I that should be playing at the lower levels. Its all about the exposure, hype, etc. I think it's safe to say that if Dwayne Polk goes to Sumner or Soldan, he doesnt get any div I offers, and he's proven this year especially that he is definitely worthy of being a division I player.

VTime, if Polk had attended Soldan or Sumner, then the best bball player in the state would be at Soldan or Sumner. You have some vapor lock on the brain, as Jimmy Irving, Lewis McKinney, Harry Rogers, and Joe Wiley never crossed the doors at Vashon as a student, and yet they got DI offers at SLU.

Come to think of it, did Hansborough attend Vashon? I thought he went to some school down near the bootheel, and somehow got discovered.

>VTime, if Polk had attended Soldan or Sumner, then the best

>bball player in the state would be at Soldan or Sumner. You

>have some vapor lock on the brain, as Jimmy Irving, Lewis

>McKinney, Harry Rogers, and Joe Wiley never crossed the

>doors at Vashon as a student, and yet they got DI offers at

>SLU.

>

>Come to think of it, did Hansborough attend Vashon? I

>thought he went to some school down near the bootheel, and

>somehow got discovered.

How many of those guys are recent. You are naming guys from an era when the PHL was considered the top league. You cannot reasonably think that in the class of 2004, Polk would've gone div 1 playing for Soldan or Sumner. He would be the exact same players, but he wouldnt be viewed the same because he played for Soldan.