Dance Material?

slu72

I do to. I would like to hear it from a better source. It would have been nice if our beat reporter was allowed to write more than game capsule on game day. Maybe we would get a little more info on the team. That may not matter, as TT has never shown an inclination to get plugged into the team. What a sad job of coverage.

even with Ian playing below expectations ... what in the world would lead you to believe you can replace his production with JJ or AK.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I completely agree, Skip. Ian is still producing, just not what we would like. Sitting him for JJ or AK would be a dumb move. We'll see how he progresses, but I'm starting to get the feeling we are just suffering from very poor management of expectations. Maybe he just isn't as good as we think. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Coaches regularly sit players who are not playing up to expectations. The ultimate goal is to "wake-up" the player who is sitting not necessarily have his replacement duplicate his production. Have any of you ever played the game? Even in high school and grade school players are sat who are seen as not giving it their all. What would stting Ian hurt?

We will need Ian to be at his best if we are to make the dance. From what I have seen thus far we have not gotten his best. He needs a fire lit under him which all players do from time to time. I am not advocating we remove him from the rotation and sit him in the end of the bench. I don't understand all the uproar against this idea

skip i thought drew meant that knollmeyer and johnson would get additional minutes period. not necessarily at the expense of ian. at least that is the way i took it. imo, maybe some of the inside stress of ian is due to having to burden too much of the inside work himself. thus moving meyer to the wing more (not exclusively, as much as any of us might want that to happen, it aint going to happen, so we need to accept that meyer is playing that position a lot) and getting knollmeyer and johnson more minutes overall might help ian more.

the additional minutes for knollmeyer and johnson will come at the expense of the entire rotation. not just ian.

" Have any of you ever played the

>game? Even in high school and grade school players are sat

>who are seen as not giving it their all. What would stting

>Ian hurt? "

A better question would be, what would sitting him solve? Why would we weaken the team on the floor to prove a point and what point would you be making anyway? That he needs to play better? That much obvious. Based on his preseason comments, Ian is fully aware of the stakes both to the team and to his future in basketball. Lastly, these are not high school and grade school players. Ian's a man. How about assuming as much? You seem to suggest that Ian's struggles are due to a lack of effort or motivation. I've been to all the home games and frankly, I don't see any evidence that these things are problems. In many cases, the shots he's taken have been good looks that just didn't fall. I'm not convinced that his earlier finger problems haven't affected his shot. In the end the question remains: Would sitting him help in any way? I don't see how.

and I have been to every game as well. He gets pushed all over the floor! At the high school shootout the other day I happened to be sitting next to some SIU fans and they were commenting on how soft Ian was and how Falker pushed him all over the floor. I couldn't really argue with them. They weren't just dogging SLU either because the were very complimentary of Tommie and Kevin

Ian plays far too soft for how big he is. He shoots far too many baby hooks and has far too few dunks for how big he is. He has played against some teams whose tallest players were 6'7 and he has still played soft.

Like I said earlier, teams have been doubling and tripling down, so sometimes points may be hard to come by, and that is completely understandable. It just seems his whole heart isn't into the game. He gets stripped by guards when he grabs rebounds, has made some terrible passes, and has been awful at the line.

He has a lot more to offer and sometimes a personal challenge can bring that out of a player. Remember how well he played last year when Lasme mouthed off to him? Ian dominated UMass. We need to find a way to bring that player out again.

more. in a wonderful billiken world, imo knollmeyer and johnson would both play 20+ minutes a game. meyer's pf minutes would be reduced to maybe 10 minutes max and the rest of meyer's minutes would come at the wing. imo, only lisch, liddell and ian should be playing 30+ minutes.

i agree drew. maybe ian has fell in love with more of a finesse game for some reason. i definitely dont think it is a matter of effort. ian is playing hard, just not in the right mode for us to succeed. we need ian to be a bear. the Opa guy he was last year. the guy that got the blue crew running to the top of savvis last year pasting lightning bolts for dunks and blocks. not finger rolls and baby hooks. not that there isnt a place for those moves, just use them judiciously.

I think the question would be have you ever played the game. Ian is not playing as well as I think he should, but I don't for a minute think it is due to lack of effort. Ian is a Sr and a leader on this team, treating him like he is on the High School JV team is ridiculous.

reread what he wrote.

I don't think it has anything to do with fire. He is just simply missing shots he has made in the past. I think Ian knows the importance of improving his play. His rebounding is up 2.6 per game, that doesn't happen due to lack of effort. He just needs to relax and play his game.