Bills by 3 over Pacific nm

The Wiz

Pacific is down this year and we need to take care of business tomorrow night. This is another one of those games that we need to win if we expect to be a tournament level team. Pacific graduated the majority of the productivity from a 24-8 tournament team and we should win this game no doubt about it. We cannot afford to lose tomorrow night.

i agree with you that we shouldn't be confident that we will win, God knows we almost lost to Western Illinois!! And you are right, we will have to defend and play alot better then Saturday.

Its a game we should win, and agame we should blow them out, but I've learned not to expect anything of that sort with this team. Regardless, a win is a win is a win.

Agreed that this is a dangerous game and will be a tough game. Also as noted by thicks, we cannot expect favorable officiating. The West Coast is notorious for calling touch fouls, hand checks, etc. The game is more of a finesse game out here. We will see if the refs allow the rough stuff against IV. Otherwise, I don't think UOP can contain him.

Isn't this an odd time for this game? SLU finals are Dec. 13-19, and the team is coming all the way to California to play a Tuesday night game on Dec. 12?

Excellent point BayArea.

I have been pissed about the scheduling of SLU basketball for 5 years now and people on this board continue to defend the athletic department in these matters. Once again, our scheduling department makes mind-boggling mistakes. Its so frustrating that all of our biggest games are over breaks when students won't be there. Its clear they don't have the student athlete's best interest in mind when they schedule these games as evidenced by the point you just brought up.

Then again it is a free trip to cali and who can complain about that.

I have talked many times to Cheryl about the scheduling and this year was particularly difficult--believe it or not you cannot just dictate to any team that you want to play that they will play you when you want, where you want to play and who you want to play. There are many negotiations, discussions, and give and take propostions. We did not fill out this schedule until late because many teams did not want to play us because they thought we would be a very good team. We have to balance that against the very few days that we have available at Scottrade and that has been a massively difficult set of discussions.

We had several teams that had nice names who were able to play us only on certain dates and they were not available at the SC so we had to pass. With so little information, I am amazed that you consider yourself such an expert!

I believe it is exam week at SLU. I'm surprised they took the one game at Pacific, let alone two games on the coast. Academically, I don't think the players could miss a week of exams. If they are not on a chartered flight, I suspect the team may be taking a red-eye flight back to St. Louis.

Scheduling won't gey easier until the SLU Arena is up and running.