Right where we should be....

slu72

man, that statement is a killer. Many have said, we are 5-2 and "right where we should be." Which, I gather, means if you're a Bills fan don't expect anything exciting like an upset win, ala Butler over TN, Zaga over UNC, SDSU over Marquette, etc. Nope, just be content with "right where we should be." So come March, we're most likely gonna end up "right where we should be", in the NIT. Some one posted below,the board cannot hold UB accountable since we are just fans who have no control over his fate. Therefore, all the Brad bashing should stop. Granted, fans/posters don't sign his hefty paycheck, but they do fund it. But don't expect anything out of the ordinary for your hard earned dollars, just accept UB's coaching us to "right where we should be". I sure hope CL and Fr. Biondi, two folks that do hold him accountable, expect something more this year than "right where we should be." This is not a panic post, just because we've lost to two teams who have put us "right where we should be". Afterall, being "right where we should be" is much better than being "right where we shouldn't be". But it's still not, "right where we'd like to be". With the failure to come up with a legit 4, and, so far, to game coach us to a W against two legit dance proven teams, UB has put us "right where we should be". I don't know about others, but I'm getting the sinking feeling that "right where we should be" is going to be the rallying cry for this season. If so, I'm hoping UB is told to go back to Loras College or UWGB, or "right where he should be", and this program is given to some one who can take it to "right where we'd like to be" , and capable of keeping us there for awhile.

wanting and expecting are two different things. If we end up an NIT team ... I will not be happy ... but why do we have to talk about what happens if ...

We started the season thinking we would make the NCAA's and we are saying we are exactly where we thought we would be to acheive the results we expect ... which is the NCAA tourney.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I know an endorsement from RealisticBilliken can be a post killer, but I completely agree with you.

"So come March, we're most likely gonna end up "right where we should be", in the NIT."

This has been my feeling for the longest time with a majority of Billiken fans - they are satisfied settling for NIT and anyone who dare criticize the direction of the program is labeled "irrational." Just once in my 4 years as an undergrad I would have liked to go to the tournament. We have had only one marquee win in the past 4.5 years (Louisville), but some are satisfied losing games we technically should lose.

Oh, and whoever said we should not hold UB accountable is just a complete moron. I personally dropped 100k+ on education at that University, I pay for season tickets, joined Blue Crew, etc. WE ARE ALL PAYING HIS SALARY! We all saw the problem at the 4 coming for years - we talked about the lack of recruiting for as long as I can remember. Its not a surprise that we are thin there.

RealisticBilliken is getting more frustrated by the moment.

> We started the season thinking we would make the NCAA's and

>we are saying we are exactly where we thought we would be to

>acheive the results we expect ... which is the NCAA tourney.

thank you. losing to SIU and TX A&M doesn't drop you out of NCAA contention, especially at the beginning of December. When I went through the schedule during our predictions, guess what, I had them losing those games. But I also have us winning 22 regular season games and going to the tournament. This isn't about complacency or lowering our expectations, it's about realizing what kind of team we have right now and projecting out the season based on those abilities. I'm rather encouraged. We're 5-2 and have played a ***** of a schedule to start the season. OUr first month's RPI is in the top 30 and we have four straight winnable games coming up. The "what have you done for me lately" mentality of people on this board is unreal. Go ask KU, Ohio State, Texas, and Marquette fans if it's easy to win all your games.

It's not about expectations. I expect this team to be in the tournament. I think that's the standard many feel this team should be held to. But I understand that winning at SIU is not easy. We could be Duke and I would know going in it would be a tough game in which we might not win. You sound more like you have blind faith than high expectations.

"Where I thought we'd be" and "where we should be" are two different things to be sure. I thought we'd play much better against both A&M and Carbondale. The fact that we didn't look good was frustrating. I thought we'd be able to score more yet maintain our defensive pressure.

This concept of "holding the program accountable" is a silly joke foisted upon us by Hardball and his ilk. Brad is accountable to us through Cheryl Levick. If Cheryl has dreams of taking over a BCS gig in the future, Brad's feet are alrerady getting toasty. You can start an email campaign to Cheryl's email address or better yet go to a function or two and bend her ear.

Good luck and good night.

Just curious, did you expect us to go undefeated this season? We've played 2 of the toughest games on our schedule and lost. I'm not happy about it, as I plan to go into every game and win it. But in reality, that doesn't happen. St. Joe's did it and that's awesome. So, it's not impossible. But to expect to never lose is setting yourself up for some MAJOR let downs. If at the end of our non-conf schedule, we've lost 5, then I can see your anger. But at this point, the season is far from lost and puts us in position to get into the tournament...which is "where we thought we'd be".

That is not what I said.

We have, what I would consider, 5 big games. TAMU, SIUC, MissourState, UNC, Mississippi. We are 0-2. I expect us to win one of these...no, two of them. I HOPE we win 3. But as somebody who calls himself Realistic, I wouldn't think you Expect to go 5-0. Oh wait, I forgot Realistic only applies to your anti-Soderberg ways.

No the moron is you ... for thinking that as a fan or an alumni the coach is accountable to you. And what I said was if you do have clout ... exorcise it, don't just ***** on Bills.com.

Your expensive education didn't do you much good in reading comprehension ... what we said was we didn't have this game figured as a win and we still think we will make the NCAA tourney. Who said they would be satisfied with the NIT? Losing on the road to SIU doesn't disqualify you from the NCAA tourney.

My question is simple ... what was your preseason projection? Which games did you figure as loses? Did you think we would make the NCAA tourney?

I would throw in Houston and Loyola in there as big games. Loyola is a contender to make the tournament through the Horizon and we beat them at there place. Houston was picked to finished 2nd in C-USa and we've beaten them. So in my mind we're 2-2 in big games.

in my mind since i now expect the a-10 to be bad past the top half of the conference, i think all of our ooc games are huge. 3 losses going into january.

was that contest done at halftime of games. If so, I have never seen anybody that has even held a basketball particiapate. My grandmother could usually win those things and she is blind and has no arms

Brich accuses me of handwringing. That wasn't the point. It was astonishment at the complacency that a lot of people show when they say, "don't worry it's right where we should be." Once again, I offer my mea culpas to the UBBKAC'ers for expecting an unexpected result from their hero and the program's saviour. We can all rejoice when we kick the crap out of W.Illinois and Tennessee Martin, and then let out a big communal sigh when we lose to UNC.

It was the A-10 Shootout

I must have sucked seeing I got an all expenses paid trip to Cincy, driven around in a stretch Hummer Limo, all meals paid for, courtside seats for the games, and the chance at $10,000

Damn I sure do suck - so must all the other SLU students who competed and lost to me. I guess my nursing-home game just isn't good enough...

you call me a moron then want to know if I am proud of myself. You need a dose of reality. Seriously, you seem kind of slow.