Texas A&M

Quickdraw

For those who didn't notice: A&M handled Ark. Little Rock to the tune of 75-35. "Glass half empty" and "glass half full" Billiken fans can both find plenty of ammunition in this result to support their positions.

(In today's glance at the obscure, Charleston Southern held on to beat Coker College 87-46.)

So we want to be compared to Ark @ LR? I would hope not. I'm willing to chalk up the A&M game to the following:

1.) IV was in a funk...his finger?

2.) Take Penders at his word that the refs thought it was a football game and allowed muggings, assaults, and hacking. This shook up the guys and gave them the yips.

3.) The worst reason: we couldn't play 3 days straight w/o having tired legs. If that's the case we're in trouble. I'm not buying this one.

4.) It was in Texas and weird things happen in Texas.

We were mugged period...BUT...not any worse than we were at Cincy and Louisville in years past. There is no excuse that will suffice.

We were way too slow and sluggish with the Twin Towers. If we played A&M now it would be better with Luke or JJ starting. There is no way we were mounting a comeback after getting down early.

texasamphan said, "Our team got "mugged" just as much as your team did."

that was the funniest statement i have read in a long time. i bet you were lyao when you typed that b.s.

your team was tougher and stronger and they used that advantage. the zebra's could have stopped the pulling pushing upfront and i guarantee you it would have been a better game. you watch, i am betting that when a&m loses this year, your team will have over 20 fouls that game.

i give billy g credit, he is using what he has effectively. i expect a&m to be a very strong tourney team this year and mainly because everyone knows the whistles get put away in march.

when you are playing scared from the physical beating shooting percentages tend to go down.

let me punch you in the face and stomach a few times and see if you shoot as well right after that.

It wasn't THAT bad. We played poorly and let the physicality of the game intimidate us. We played scared and there isn't really an excuse. I'm hopeful we learned the lesson. As Tommie said, we need to be tougher. If we brick a shot, don't let it get in your head. If we get elbowed, give it back to them.

didnt cost us a win. but changed the game. i just get a little irked when an opponent's fan is coming over here telling us b.s. like we were just as physical when it was obviously not the case.

sure we could have stood up to them, and anyone that read my rants after the game knows i wasnt happy with the billikens and didnt blame a&m agressively physical defense for the loss.

What does that mean?? Are you under the impression that those kinds of observations are edgy or somehow outside the box?

It does not take a rocket scientist to state the obvious, Mr. Realistic. I think maybe you are a little mistaken about the reasons folks may have been clling you names, whatever those names were (presumably bad names, yes?).

Still-- On behalf of the billikens.com, I would like to express heartfelt apologies to you for the completely untoward and unmerited verbal abuse that was hurled your way.

Well, maybe not heartfelt. That may be an exaggeration. Maybe just goiter felt, or lymph node felt.

There was a play very early in the game that I think had a big impact on the outcome. Tommie drove the baseline and beat his man to the basket. Out of nowhere comes the big european center and he slams into Tommie knocking him to the ground. The refs call NOTHING and A and M takes off on a fast break. When it happened it gave me pause because I knew that they were bigger and deeper. The whole game we played like we were tired and anxious rather than excited and poised. Thus the horrible shooting and the horrible result. I agree with those that say that A and M on its court is better than the Bills. But it was just one game and we made a nice recovery to beat Houston. I was very concerned that we would come out and lay an egg at home but the guys really played well for most of the game.