lisch watch

for those of you interested in watching kevin lisch against the best competition, tonite at belleville althoff, althoff will play carbondale. carbondale has illinois state signee, justin dentman as their lead guard. dentman is a fantastic player. probably one of the top 10 players in the two state area. it will be a great matchup.

next friday, i believe centralia comes to town with matt shaw. centralia has a good supporting staff with mr shaw and that too will be a game kevin will have to play well for the crusaders to win.

starting january 20 is the belleville east tourney. at that tourney will be both althoff and belleville west. somewhere during the brackets, i am sure they will meet. althoff is the only team that has given belleville west a game this year. their game went down to the last second and kevin i believe scored 36 in that one. west has division one athletes galore with seniors jb jones (the most underated player in the area), xaiver price (purdue signee), sean mcpeak (a beast that supposedly is going to illinois to anchor their future football team lines), and one of the top area juniors arthur sargent.

carbondale and centralia will also play in the tourney. so most games will have at least one nice player playing.

the game was exciting as can be. althoff won by 4 but it was close the whole game. i was disappointed that lisch and dentman did not guard each other though. tried to keep track in my head. seemed like kevin had over 30 and dentman over 20. they are a show as both had a couple of oohs and ahhs plays. illinois state has a steal in dentman imo.

i am pretty sure he only missed one 3 pointer in the second half and that was at the buzzer of the 3rd quarter. as what has become usual in the big games, made a fortune at the foul line in the last quarter never once hitting anything but net. the more i see him the better i am convinced he will look very good in billiken blue.

this is third hand, but it is my understanding that he has been offered a scholarship to saint louis university.

lisch is diener only lisch is physically stronger and a couple of inches taller imo.

i am watching this oklahoma game right now and watching this lightning fast little point guard for oklahoma, lavendar. is this polk?

LOng time reader first post!

Althoff is at Centralia friday night! Should be a great game. Last year at Centralia Lisch was unstopable. If I remember right 33pts or something like that.

Centralia did a good job on him at Althoff as we played a box and one on with Joey Parker on him and he finished with only 9pts, but Althoff got the win. Centralia was playing without Shaw.

All that said I think LIsch is the best player in the two state area

orphan fan, i plan on making the trip friday. will parker again shadow kevin? i am looking forward to the game. the league is a three team race with althoff, centralia and carbondale. has centralia played carbondale yet? if so, what was that outcome and how did parker do guarding dentman?

agree on hansborough and livingston. livingston might be the best high school senior in the country and hansborough is right there in the junior class. but please dont put grimes on your list. grimes is no where near kevin valuewise. grimes isnt as valuable as lisch, polk, or liddell. i would still take matt shaw before grimes in a second. in fact, by next year this time you will be wondering if tyus was maybe better than grimes as well. i.e. grimes might not be the best player on his own high school team.

>orphan fan, i plan on making the trip friday. will parker

>again shadow kevin? i am looking forward to the game. the

>league is a three team race with althoff, centralia and

>carbondale. has centralia played carbondale yet? if so,

>what was that outcome and how did parker do guarding

>dentman?

Centralia has beat Carbondale twice this year. Only once in the league. Parker and Jeremy Moss took turns on him. Dentman had something like 24 and 13 in the two games. Have you seen Centralia play?

Parker does nothing fancy, but he allways is the hardist worker on the floor. He also held Price to 5pts. He finished with 11, but the last 6 was garbage time without the starters on the floor.

bty Parker was a freshman last year.

What I meant "LIsch is the best player" is metro-so. Illinois

1. Lisch

2. Shaw

3. Liddell

4. Grimes

5. Price

6. Dentman

7. Kellerman

8. Sargent

9. Moss

10. J.B. Jones

Havn't seen Polk this year. Did he play last year? Centralia beat Vashon by 20 last year with about the same team.

i have not seen centralia this year. watched them plenty last year. parker stood out last year already with his maturity on the floor.

not sure about your ratings. would move jones and sargent up and grimes and price down for sure. also, i respect your love of shaw, but i would take liddell over matt as well. but shaw is a stud, no doubt about that. i would take him before grimes.

polk only played a little at year end and even then was supposedly at best half speed coming back from his knee injury. all accounts this year is the jets are back. i myself have not seen polk play this year.

polk is back to where he was as a sophomore and so is vashon. they are destroying everyone this season. the only team in the area that would have a chance to beating them in my opinion is belleville west. althoff and kevin would be interesting as well, seeing that they led peoria at the end of three quarters. east side has the talent, but i don't know what is going on with them, despite their great record. they will play vashon in late february. i hope east side has its act together by then or else they will get whipped like all the others. remember, they beat vashon by almost 30 last year and tommie went wild.

does centralia have a return date with vashon. if so, it would be ugly. vashon is not the same team you saw last year. they are closer to the one the previous two years.

bad boyz for life