Billiken Band Suggestion

davidnark

) is a very popular song sung by fans at English football (soccer) matches. It would be a great song for the Billiken Band to add to the rotation. Perhaps the Blue Crew could even learn the lyrics and sing along. For those who are unfamilar with the song, here is a video in which it is played:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/76562/always...t_side_of_life/

Here is a link to the wikipedia site for the song:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_look_o...ht_side_of_life

"Around 1990, the title refrain and hook (either whistled as in the original, or vocalised as 'da-dum, da-dum, da-da, da-da, da-dum') began to gain currency as a football chant...In 1993, when the host city for 2000 Summer Olympics was announced as Sydney, the large crowd gathered in Manchester, one of the other rival bid cities, broke out spontaneously into a chorus of the song."

I can tell you all, it won't be this year, we're already done with new songs for the year. However, us band members can bring it up to Mike as a suggestion for next year. The only problem is trying to find the sheet music/full scores for these songs. It's hard to find them, or a personal arranger, and costs $$$, though I'm not saying we haven't tried this route before. Like I said, we'll bring it up for a suggestion for next year.

>I am sorry but I really do not see how that song is going to

>whip up the crowd - at least what I heard on the link. It

>will only put the already somewhat subdued crowd to sleep

>even more.

I'm with Cheese on this one. I don't see how singing show tunes will get the crowd going. What's next, busting out something from A Chorus Line during time outs?

I also don't get why whenever someone makes a suggestion for the band/crowd, etc it's invariably an idea stolen from an English soccer team. I don't get the obsession.