What Marquette fans are saying about us

Here's a link to a thread talking about the Billikens on their board: http://marquette.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fi...8674348&style=1

Some of them seem to think that the Billiken defense isn't really that good, despite our top-10 ranking in the nation. I guess Fish will just have to shut down their best player yet again to prove our defensive stats aren't just a fluke.

That's fine if their fans want to think that our defense is a fluke. Their players can go ahead and think the same thing. (Although, I have a feeling they don't after seeing what we've done to them the last few years). They might be set for a rude awakening on Saturday!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

this quote is downright sad though........

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, BS is an awful coach. He teaches block and grab, which can be effective at times, but makes for ugly games. Offensively, his teams are clueless and he is a poor recruiter. Unfortunately, UW fired him. He could have returned them to the glory days of John Powless.""

Damn and I thought he was good.

maybe that poster is either that martin guy that is the b.s. aau coach that hates slu or blake ahearn's dad.

That is from the same poster who, in a different string of posts, opined that Marquette shouldn't schedule games against "mid-majors Xavier and Creighton" because it would cause Marquette to turn away programs like Arizona.

I thought Marquette only admitted halfway intelligent students.

david, i thought your post in the string pretty much put them in their place and ended the discussion. good post.

MU and it's fans can go pound sand. Man, what a final four does to one's arrogance ratio. Keeping your opponents to 55 ppg means you will just about always be in it in the final three minutes. Here's hoping that's what happens Saturday in Brewville and RB hits the game winner with 0.0 on the clock. I think we can win this game. Fish on Diener will be big, Novak scares me...what about CS taking him?

I wouldn't want someone to read an isolated post on the SLU board and label all SLU fans, so I don't do it to other schools. Besides I am sure just like on this board, a lot of posters didn't even go there. you can't let one or two ruin it for ya. I found the Carolina Panther media to be very arrogant before and after the Rams game...I am not ready to condemn the Blue Ridge Mountains...or their fans. Midwestr people are still Midwest people...boy, hate to see a reaction to some Northeast schools and cities like Boston or Philly...and their fans.