Ticket situation at Scottrade

I don't want to turn a molehill into a mountain here, but is there anyone who could get an official SLU release on why they aren't doing this anymore (that is, why students can't get tickets on gameday either on the Frost campus or Scottrade Centre).

I think this is pretty ridiculous. If you're out there on the board and remember giving two tickets away to two angry alums, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generosity. Tis the Season.

would you be expected to show an ID at the Scottrade center?

I really don't see why with an ID they shouldn't be available at the game. It's not like the windows are so busy they don't have time

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of Slu72's bid to join the Billiken Blue Kool Aid Club

For four years as an undergrad .... hmmmm ... sounds like a cheap alum is out there. I don't think you can show an ID unless you are a student and we all know you can't commute from Peoria.

I'd love to hear that call to the AD ... Hi, I'm Bobby and I went to school here for four years and now as an alum I can't buy a ticket so I need you guys to accept my expired student ID as you did when I was actually enrolled and give me free tickets still .... that'll go over like a ton of bricks.

Makign big bucks for the Peoria Tattler you ought to be able to pay any rpice to get in. C'mon tap teh wallet there booby-boy.

Taj, just wondering what axe you have to grind with me? Seriously. Your posts make no sense, and for once, be supportive of people actually wanting to watch SLU play basketball. Yeah, I'll be the first to admit I'm cheap, so what? I'm not George Costanza, but until I can't get away with it anymore, I was going to use my ID. There's nothing wrong with that when there's 10,000 seats open at Scottrade.

As you admitted, you are cheap. You are also unehical. What did you learn at SLU? This is a perk offered to active students. If you are not an active student, meeting all of the rules, then you are not eligible. Period. You need to grow up and enter the adult world.

I'm also trying to boost some sort of awareness for our current student population who need to know, that because of some quasi-Neo Nazi movement among ticket agents at SLU and the Scottrade Centre, that students will no longer be able to get their FREE ticket the day of the game, and that they will have to go TWO...count 'em, TWO whole freaking business days before the day of the game to get their tickets. This is a crime against humanity. I wish the Germans would indict Levick instead of Donny Rumsfeld.

I completely agree that STUDENTS should be given a ticket at the door. There is no excuse for that given our low student support.

But as to YOUR free tickets....give me a break. You are now an ALUMNI. The university counts on people like us to support the athletic department. Trying to pass yourself off as a student for a free ticket is pretty cheap. As somebody said, you're in the real world now with a presumably real job. Pay for the ticket.

The situation was the same last year as far as there not being the free tickets available to students at Savvis the day of the game. This and the transportation problems really makes me angry, we need to do everything we can to cater to the students and make getting to the game as easy as possible. No comment on a 05 graduate trying to get free student tickets.

I was in Peoria working for the Tattler last year, so I could only make it down for the Iowa and Gonzaga games, but fortunately, a friend hooked me up with a ticket. I did not know that that was the policy last year as well. I think that the spineless Athletic Department has been abandoning the backbone of our program -- the student body-- for the past several years. There's no interaction, no communication, which means there's no reason for a student to want to go to watch a basketball game.

...Booby, this is not about the students, this is about you. And your admitted cheapness. Don't try to cloud the issue. Now I will give you credit on the point above about no reason for a student to want to go watch a game but that's about it. I am hopeful that the on-campusness of the new arena will dodge that. But then you'll say that they need to give you a free ticket again so you can get in and maybe INSPECT the new place or something. Give it up because even though I awarded the point, you blow it away by calling our student body, "the backbone of the program." Our student body has NEVER been the backbone of the program dating back to the years on my byline and before.

The backbone of any program frankly is the alums because of their ability to contribute and support the program. Short of wrapping up an NCAA bid in the preseason, that's what every program needs. In my days, the student ID was your ticket into the game, what's wrong with going back to that? Make them all enter one gate ...you can do the accounting that way.

No my cheapy little friend, this is not about them as it is about you. That's why I have the axe to grind and that's why I'm afraid it will continue. I don't have to respond all the time because you make your own grave too easily. Keep up the good work.

why do you come here? why do you claim to be a billiken fan? why do you admit you are even a slu grad? you obviously hate all concerned. you might be the most f'd up poster in the history of billikens.com.

are you really a slu grad? after the posts you made in this particular thread, one can only sit and shake their head in disbelief of your thoughts. maybe you hit your head or something. give us a reason to have some empathy or understanding, because you are about as pitiful as it comes the way you come off here.

cajun, those "alums" were also building a world class research center and in the middle of a major drive to increase the general fund. not just building an $80 million dollar arena.

btw, of the very very worthwhile three projects which is the least important in the big picture? imo it is an athletic arena.