Cass on front page of scout, announces commitment

VTIME

Sheltiedave you need to lighten up. You blast everyone on this board unless they are Kool-Aid drinker. V-time was trying to give information on committments and all you can do is blast the guy. This is the kind of information many peolpe are interested in. If you aren't interested don't read it.

cass didnt graduate from high school, he was kicked off the carbondale team his senior season after calling his coach a mf'er and throwing a punch at him. not the player i want on the billikens.

that said, he was a hell of a basketball player.

metzy said,

"This is exactly the kind of player we NEED at SLU."

metz, you need to find a different program to root for. i can guarantee you that slu will never be about the likes of casslike players.

fyi though, you dont need to be a borderline criminal to be a tough as nails billiken. why dont you wish for the next bonner, or another donnie dobbs, or tom frericks?

I'll have to agree with Roy on this. I don't think SLU will ever be the program you wish it to be. It appears we are striving to be the Gonzaga of the Midwest. You are striving to be the Cincinatti of the midwest. You can either spend your whole life pissed that SLU isn't an SEC school, or you can start following another program. I was in Knoxville for the game this weekend...I think Tennesse would be a great program for you. Players don't go to class, they drive around in brand new Explorers, and money never seems to be an issue.

We are a catholic, jesuit school. Just a reminder.

>cass didnt graduate from high school, he was kicked off the

>carbondale team his senior season after calling his coach a

>mf'er and throwing a punch at him. not the player i want on

>the billikens.

>

>that said, he was a hell of a basketball player.

Can you show me the article where it said he cursed his coach out and threw a punch at him? I'd hate for such a horrible act to just be hearsay, and let the kid get a bad rap. If he did what you say, then you're right, we dont need a kid like that. I was always under the impression that he either didnt want to go to Depaul or didnt have the grades so he enrolled in Boys to Men for prep school or maybe be even an Alex Tyus situation. I had no idea about his attempted assault on his coach.

i heard it from two separate (not the same school) high school coaches.

maybe you have a better explanation of why he was kicked off the team?

Roy you always seem to have hearsay comments that rationalize your comments of players or know somebody that said such and such. However everytime a poster has something negative to say about the Billikens they always have to show it in writing or they are just labeled as haters of the program. The fact that you heard the same story from two separate coaches does not make your comments any more accurate. Once again you choose to take the time to blast a kid on a verbal rumor from parties that were not involved in the incident. Have the same standards by which you ask others to abide by.

Roy, we don't need players who accept losing. Bottom line. No one on the 2006-2007 team is a vocal leader on the court and/or locker room. Someone needs to step up. We need guys who will land a right hook every once and a while, instead of crying like Liddell and having to be hauled off the court by his coach. Pathetic. You know it too, Roy. You're just to afraid to admit it.

you are way off on two fronts. first, i dont remember liddell crying. i remember liddell being mad as hell and soderberg grabbing him before tommie got kicked out of a game for doing something he might regret.

second, cass is nothing about not accepting losing. you have never seen him play have you? he was never the leader of the carbondale team. and in fact disappeared plenty in game and made the likes of fayne or dentmon win games. sure he was a physical specimen. but just like grimes, cass would do something that was just unbeleiveable and manlike in a game and then disappear for long stretches of time and then down the stretch it was up to phillip or justin to win the game for carbondale even though there was no one on the opposing team that could have stood up to cass.

Roy, we need guys with that fire underneath their bellies. We have no one like that. Guys with a passion to win at all costs. I don't care about image. Soderberg is a classy guy and he can spin all he wants. I want players who dive eight rows into the stands for a ball. I want guys who will take a guy down to the floor on a simple box out. I want guys who will shove a guy into press row if that player does anything to one of our guys. I want a guy who simply refuses to lose. Now I don't want just one guy. I want an entire roster of guys like that. We don't have that and we never will. Start recruiting guys who will step up and play with an attitude.

metz said, "We have no one like that. Guys with a passion to win at all costs. I don't care about image. Soderberg is a classy guy and he can spin all he wants. I want players who dive eight rows into the stands for a ball. I want guys who will take a guy down to the floor on a simple box out. I want guys who will shove a guy into press row if that player does anything to one of our guys. I want a guy who simply refuses to lose."

and what you arent getting metz is that cass isnt that guy on the court. he is fine going after a middle aged coach half his size though that is questioning his work ethic in practice.

btw, i think drejaj was that guy. i think that sloan was that guy. i think josh fisher was that guy. i think kevin lisch is that guy. from what i can see knollmeyer is that guy. i think frericks was that guy. are you sure you went to slu?

First, Rich thanks for taking the time to take your mouth away from the Kool-Aid spicket and post but I thought you weren't going to read my posts any longer. What do they say about a man and his word?

But since you can't resist I will just say " I heard it from two different high school coaches"

Now that should quiet your babble....unless of course there are double standards that excist on this board. Which by the way I am assured there are not!

Bottoms up!!!!

Mr. Kool Aid, in case you haven't noticed, there aren't many people I "blast." I can handle people who present reasoned dissenting posts to my views with little problem. The total negative shotgun approach, however, won't wash. A true fan of the program always has something positive, whether you say "the band played well" or "the cheerleaders looked RRRREALLY good."

A true fan can stand up and say Ron Ekker did some good at SLU - namely getting fired and paving the way to hire Rich Grawer.

In this case, ProBlack could have(initially) posted "M. Cass to UTEP" and then followed with his source, a solid AP style of journalistic writing. I was interested in where Cass went, and thought it might be in the posting. Kinda lead, body style, ya know.

>metzy said,

>

>"This is exactly the kind of player we NEED at SLU."

>

>metz, you need to find a different program to root for. i

>can guarantee you that slu will never be about the likes of

>casslike players.

>

>fyi though, you dont need to be a borderline criminal to be

>a tough as nails billiken. why dont you wish for the next

>bonner, or another donnie dobbs, or tom frericks?

Roy you must have had your head in the sand when we had Justin Tatum on the team.