Question for Brian B (DOBO)

billikenmetz

If he believes Soderberg is not working as hard as other area coaches and this guy is a alleged coach of the top AAU program in the area I don't think he needs to be alienated. He already has a biased opinion of SLU's program and is no doubt sending that message to kids in his charge. Nothing I post will change that.

He did make a pretty damning remark of Brad and I think he needs to be called on it. We all have seen what lengths area AAU coaches have gone to besmirch the SLU program. It seems Julius is running with that crowd. He never did explain his comment as to how the hell he would know how hard Brad or any other coach worked? I'll be seeing Erwin in the next couple weeks, I'll make sure to ask him if he shares OJ's opinion of Brad in comparison to other area coaches.

Tremendous coaching? That is a joke, I could have coached that team to the NIT. If not for Soderberg implementing the pack defense and motion offense they would not have started the season so poorly and probably would have won some of those games early on that they lost and could have been a legitimate bubble team and who knows maybe tourney team. Marque willed that team to victories not anything the staff did. That team had more heart than any team I have ever seen, give them a little bit of credit. Its funny how everyone thought Sloan and Fisher were nothing more then average players and everyone was raving about their replacements in Polk and Newborne. People thought Dwayne and Vas'Shun were going to step in and immediately be better than those two, that worked out pretty well.

If the staff did such a tremendous job with that "worst" Billiken team ever, why can't they do that with the guys they actually recruit?

"Tremendous coaching? That is a joke, I could have coached that team to the NIT."

Then you must be a very good coach. We lost the previous year's 2nd leading scorer to academics so our 2nd leading returning scorer was Drew Diener. Our third leading returning scorer was Chris Braun. Yikes.

"Its funny how everyone thought Sloan and Fisher were nothing more then average players"

That's all they had shown to that point in their career. They stepped up big-time as juniors -- I shudder to think where we would be now if they hadn't.

let's not lose sight of the fact in this discussion that the voice of the billikens, bob ramsey, said in marque perry's last year "this is the worst billiken team in 20 years".

i have yet to regain my respect for ramsey.

Bob Ramsey is a sellout to Kevin Slaten. Ramsey is a good guy and a good announcer, but I take his opinion on sports with a grain of salt now that he only says things he knows the King will agree with. I am glad he is a fan of SLU, but recently he has gone a little far and maybe needs to take off the Billiken sweater a little. He keeps talking about Ian Vouyoukas being an All-American this year. Ian is a very good player, but All-American, be realistic.

That team did start off horrible and I think a lot of it was that the guys had a tough time adjusting to the new offense and defense. Once they finally understood the system and how to be successful within it, that team really took off. Not to mention Marque Perry just carrying that team.

> You are right that particular team wouldn't be considered

>"in shambles" what was in shambles was the prospects for the

>next few years due to the recruits and young players leaving

>on short notice. I'm not going to name them ... we all know

>who they are and who left.

>

> Law ... don't pretend you are a SLU fan, some of us who

>have been around awhile remember when you caught trashing

>SLU on another board. I don't remember which one probably

>Marquette's. We also remember you basically admitting it.

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

You nailed it. Law was caught on the Marquette board mocking SLU and in particular Polk. About a month or so later Polk and the Bills stuck it to Law's beloved Marquette on their home court.