Frank C on KFNS today

billiken_roy

I was on the phone so i missed the first couple of comments. but frank and bob ramsey were broadcasting from Desmet today and they were talking to the desmet basketball coach.

the coach mentioned that brandenberg and 4 other underclass recruits (that is the part i missed. i dont think he id'd the other recruits but i dont know for sure) were on unofficial visits to slu at the same time and soderberg offered all 5 at the same time. the desmet coach was very impressed with the manner that coach soderberg made his presentation and the picture he painted for them.

did anyone else hear the whole exchange and can add or refine my take?

I have always thought that Brad is a hard worker with a good recruiting story to tell; what concerns me is his ability to evaluate talent. (I am not suggesting in any way that this is the case with Bradenburg.) There have been a number of notable failures in this regard during his tenure at SLU.

>>the coach (Bob Steiner) mentioned that brandenberg and 4 other underclass recruits (that is the part i missed. i dont think he id'd the other recruits but i dont know for sure) were on

unofficial visits to slu at the same time and soderberg

offered all 5 at the same time. the desmet coach was very

impressed with the manner that coach soderberg made his

presentation and the picture he painted for them. <<

Glad to hear Brad has mended fences with Steiner from whatever ill will came of the Blake Ahearn affair.

The five recruits that were on campus at that time were John Brandenburg, Scott Suggs, Brett Thomspson, Kramer Soderberg and Tyler Griffey. They had the presentation right after the St. Louis Eagles' practice. The Eagles practiced at Simon and then the four Eagles met with Griffey and the SLU coaches at West Pine for the presentation. Since then SLU has offered Jared Swopshire.

I have seen Suggs on Campus probaby 4 times in the last year. I think that is awsome for the Bills. if these guys are really bonding, how awsome would it be if they all decided to stay here and put Slu on the map. Honestly, all I think it would take is for one of them to ball up and decide to stay home. I think that Kramer will get atleast one of them to come with him.