CHN preview at 67

slu72

I have no idea about his success in summer classes. But, he was enrolled and attending summer classes. The school could not announce his signing until he was enrolled and attending classes. This is the NCAA rule for late signings. So he had to be enrolled and attending classes when the school sent out the press release. Maybe you have no clue what you are talking about.

I was asking a question and wondering if anyone knew that to be fact that Horace Dixon was in fact enrolled in summer school. Being an employee at SLU I found it interesting that Horace was still having admittance issues up to the beginning of classes and actually was not enrolled in any courses on the 1st official day of school. I would have expected this to be a non-issue if he had been on campus and attending classes this summer. So I ask the question, do you know it to be fact that Mr. Dixon was on capus this summer taking classes?

Here is the SLU press release:

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../070306aaa.html

SLU could not release this until he was enrolled and attending classes. That is the NCAA rule when dealing with late signees. Maybe we should add your info to the info we get from other SLU employees. That list includes Stremler signing, TL blowing out his knee, and TL transfering.

I am not sure of the NCAA rule concerning this, I am asking if you know 100% that Horace Dixon attended summer school courses at SLU. That may be the NCAA's rule and I am not doubting you on your knowledge of the rule, I am under the impression he was not on campus this summer and that would be further backed by him not being enrolled in his classes at the beginning of the school year. Apparently he was not approved to enroll until classes had already begun. That would seem strange if he had passed his summer school classes with flying colors as you elude to. I am asking you if you know for a fact that Horace was attending courses on campus this summer?

I heard only once removed from Brad that HD did not take any classes this summer and the information that he had was complete b.s.

That being said, Cajun says he is a SLU employee, yet he goes out of his way to rip a potential ballplayer on a public forum basically stating that he isn't smart enough to stay eligible. You've got to wonder what motivates Rajun to do such a thing. At the minimum it is completely classless, at the worst its something more, something people from the South have been accused of for a long time.

HD may or may not be a good player for the Bills (personally I have my doubts because I just don't believe there is all that much talent still available in the Spring signing period), but I'm certainly willing to wait till I see him play (or anybody I respect sees him play) before making the statements Cajun did.

I assume the rule you are referring to is for players that do not sign during the fall or spring signing period, because we know coaches can talk about them once they have signed an LOI.

As for late signees, I have no idea what the rule is but unless classes started on July 3, I don't think it is applicable here.

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../070306aaa.html

Regardless, I've basically heard from the horses mouth that HD was not in classes this summer.

I believe the rule is that a late signee (someone who signs after the end of the spring signing period in mid-May) must sign a grant-in-aid agreement (in lieu of a national letter of intent) before the school can comment or announce. I've not seen where the school would have to wait until the recruit is enrolled or attending classes.

Thicks is correct. Dixon signed after the LOI signing period but because he signed a Grant-In-Aid (what 4 year transfers sign) SLU could comment. If he was not on scholarship then the school could not comment until he had begun classes. I don't know when the 2nd summer session started but he couldn't have taken any classes in the first summer session.

FYI, earlier in the summer when I was looking up contact info for a former professor on the SLU People Finder I was curious to see if he or any of the other freshmen were taking advantage of the rule that lets incoming freshmen take up to 6 credits in the the summer before they first enroll full time. All but Dixon were listed as being enrolled.

the board has awoken. It was pretty dead the last few days. Glad I could wake you guys up. Seriously I hope SLU goes undefeated and wins the national championship, but why give them that lofty a ranking? What did they do to deserve it. The big 3 is there, but there is no guarantee that the A10 even gets more than one team in the NCAA tourney. SLU would have to win the A10 to be sure they got in. Are they ready, I'm not sure.

RC - I am not techno literate to go back and find a post that if memory serves me right was from someone who knew a teacher Dixon had and said he had done well. If my memory failed me then I apologize but until someone comes up with proof to show I am wrong than I have to go with my memory. Besides, I think you can attend a summer session and not actually be accepted in the school - just like a kid taking a class from the Junior College during the summer - they are accepted for the class but not for an Assoc. Degree.

vtime, the board was broken because of a bad file in the forum software. it took steve a couple of days to figure it out.

the ramblings of some poster about a month ago vs. multiple people saying he did not attend classes and some offering proof right now?

The fact is, he didn't attend summer class (not that there's anything wrong with that) so I sure woudln't assume that he did because some random poster a month ago said he did.