Swapshire

vtime, that might be the most disjointed irrelavent response post ever made. not sure what any of it had to do with questioning if tommy liddell was a point guard in high school and dale jarr's credibility.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... then to the cheese. It appears that you are well versed and speak well from your platform. I defer. Having said that, I still do not change from my view or platform that much. We can agree to disagree. I also can see the view from broy's point and can echo some of the same sentiments from this eastern perch. His support of the Belleville system is good; we ahv ethat here as well. If you are from the northern tier of Harford County, you have a better chance at getting a betted public school education. If you are from what we call the Route 40 schools (yes that Route 40) the chances are better that drugs, gangs and violence will enter into your high school equation. Just the way it goes.

There are great public schools. Parental involvement is the key. That and the belief that education, not a quick fix lottery-like hit, is the answer is what I believe in.

Now, if my kid hits the American Idol winner's circle or is 6'11" tall, my perspective would likely have been different. But I don't have that so it is what it is. Probably quite narrow but so be it.

I would say academics played a role in that they picked IMG over Mount Zion or Boys to Men Academy. You are trying to make the academics part of this equal across the board. Sure FZW has good academics but so does IMG. The big difference is IMG has better tools and personnell to equip Jared to be a better basketball player as well. Finally what makes you think he is paying 30 thousand to go to school. Do good basketball players pay the full tuition to go to CBC, Whitfield, Cardinal Ritter or any other private school.