McIlhagga Says Schedule ....

Taj79

... out in early September (per email traffic). My kid goes back to school on friday, August 25th. Seems like most schools are usually around the same time. Sooooooo, it begs to the question why its taking so long to get all thi sfinalized. Are we having that tough of a time getting a decent schedule together? Okay, maybe decent isn't the right word but a final schedule? Come on.

This is the most likely reason for the delay, but it generally only affects us for 1 or 2 games anyway. The schedule has usually come out the third or fourth week of August.

I posted earlier that I had learned that we are having trouble getting the final home game in place because of issues with open dates at Saavis and the fact that other coaches realize that we could be very good this year and so they do not want to go on the road to play us. If not for the Saavis issues we would have had a schedule already. The new arena will solve all of those issues.

I don't necessarily follow a ton of other teams but I don't think many have finalized schedules at this point. I know Mizzou doesn't and I don't think any of the A-10 teams have announced formal schedules. If you are simply interested in who we are playing then this is a good thread.

http://www.billikens.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/8577.html

Yeah, we've had some nightmares dealing with the Savvis. Afternoon games, quick change-overs to hockey, concerts, having to play at the Family Arena, a massive lease, etc, etc. This arena can't get built quickly enough.

It looks like SLU is playing Houston twice. I guess both schools had a game to fill and it worked out. I don't ever remember playing a non conference school twice in a year. Hopefully Houston is down this year so we can get a couple of wins out of the deal. I also heard we wanted to get Harris Stowe on the schedule twice, but Sodie said he was scared of VTIME and his coaching ability so we went with Houston instead. It will be nice for Obi and Danny to get to play a game infront of their friends and family. After switching conferences, Danny's family must have had a hard time getting to games last year with none being closer then St. Louis.

It is an interesting situation. I can't think of another non-conference home-and-home in the same season. We played G Tech twice in 2001-02, but the first one was in a tournament.

I might have to find another Southwest Airlines special down to Houston Hobby when the schedule comes out...

... outside of conference games, we have played the following schools twice in one year (not counting tournaments):

SIU-C 1974-75

Oklahoma City, Oral Roberts & UMSL all in 1975-76

Illinois, Cincinnati & Umsl (again) 1976-77

UMSL (again .. bothat home with one loss) 1977-78

Georgia State 1981-82

Murray State in 1989-90

TCU in 1991-92

SMU in 1992-93.

It would appear that this was much more common in the years we were adrift without a conference affiliation or where the conference was much smaller then than it is now (Great Midwest). Almost 15 years since we had a home-and-away in the same season with someone not in conference. I didn't realize how often we used to do it with UMSL.

I didn't think it happened as often as it did. We had a lot of games agaisnt UMSL back then. Maybe is we played UMSL twice again Slaten would talk about us more or maybe give us credit for the win. Still don't know how Rammer hasn't killed Slaten yet. I'm with Pistol, we should take a trip down to Houston and watch the Bills, we can put the bill on Billikenmetz' credit card.

That would be excellent Pistol. Being a citizen of the fine city of Houston, I would love to see some Billiken fans come down for the Houston game or even the Texas A&M Tournament we are playing in. We would all have to get together before or after the game and shoot it. Lets just hope none of the players, aka JJ, get caught ridin dirty.

You are correct. He got a technical foul because they thought Penders was "acting" and showing the refs up. In the heat of the moment it was a bad call but at least somewhat understandable.

However, the really horrible (and arrogant) thing was they did not rescind the technical after the refs realized they had made a mistake.