Who are SLU 2007 recruiting targets?

VTIME

You seem to be bringing TK into every post of yours recently- why the hostility? He made a couple predictions, gave his insights, and stuck to his guns. It might not be what everyone wants to hear, but he might be onto something anyway.

Why are you so giddy at the prospect of Ian leaving? I have almost given up reading this ridiculous board but I am interested in what is happening with Ian and you seem to be so happy to constantly tell everyone that you have inside information and he is leaving for sure. If you are a Bills fan I would think that this would be very disappointing for you.

It is my belief that no Billiken fan worthy of the name, even if right, would crow "I told you so" in such a situation. Maybe "Darn it, I wish a was wrong but I'm not" would go down a little smoother. I give you less credence as time goes on TK. If you are right, I'll acknowledge that. I'll never apologize for thinking you are a metzian unfan.

It really makes no sense. He will not be first-rounder. He most likely won't even be a second-rounder. If he comes back and improves as much this year as he did last year, he could very easily be a first round pick next year. Clearly coming back is the best move for Ian. I doubt he would throw that all away because he and Brad don't get along. He has the rest of his life to think about.

Mr. Tk, I have been reading your "National Enquirer" like rumors about Ian and Coach Soderberg for a few weeks now. To be honest, one can't help but be intrigued by your insistance you know the real story and Ian Voyoukas is not long for Saint Louis University. However, you offer very little in the way of details for us to understand your vague claim.

We know for a fact:

1. Ian does not necessarily need the money immediately. It is not like Ian's home life back in Greece is something out of a New York City Ghetto and by all expert accounts we have read, it will cost him more to go pro now then to wait an additional year.

2. We know that the Saint Louis University fan base now loves Ian and despartly wants him back as his return makes the Billikens an Atlantic 10 pre-season favorite. Without Ian, the Billikens might be lucky to finish with a 500 record overall.

3. We know that Coach Soderberg, who you claim has an unknown problem with Ian, has been steadfastly telling the fan base for almost 4 years now that Ian is the second coming of Vlade Divac and will leave Saint Louis University accepted as the greatest center ever (that title currently held by Billiken legend and Basketball Hall of Famer Easy Ed MacCauley). Extremely high praise from a man that in the past has played his cards and comments very close to his vest at all times.

4. We know from interviews that Ian loves playing with Kevin Lisch and Tommie Liddell. Two supplements to Ian's drive for fame and fortune.

Yet you claim he will not come back due to a personal disagreement with Coach Soderberg.

I think if you want to be credible, you should share a little more of your supposed story. Otherwise, you should bury this unfounded claim.

Unless of course your agenda is not about the truth, but more about the cause to disrupt the Billiken fan base, help the ABC assault on Coach Soderberg, and further the destruction of www.billikens.com. You are doing a great job of those three things.

SLU is recruiting Kramer. A couple of weeks ago SLU had Kramer, Scott Suggs, John Brandenburg, Brett Thompson and Tyler Griffey on campus and made a formal presentation to the players and told them all that they have scholarships waiting for them, no matter what happens.

Well said star wisher. But I don't see the need to trash Tk as some are beginning to do. We don't know if what he is saying is true or not. Like you though, it doesn't make sense to me.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

I agree with you, Skip. Everyone's bashing of TK makes them look pretty confident that Ian is coming back. Haven't SLU fans learned by now not to get your hopes up? Too many things can happen. If Ian goes, TK looks pretty smart and credible. I don't think he was trying to rub it in anyone's face that Ian might be leaving. To me, it looks more like he had to get defensive once everyone came down on him for making a negative prediction. Every fan wants Ian to come back, but the way people on the board are trying to bully everyone into stating their identities and revealing their sources could make for a lot of unnecessary fighting. Give it time, wait for it to play out, and don't trash anyone unless you have a real reason to do so.

>It really makes no sense. He will not be first-rounder. He

>most likely won't even be a second-rounder. If he comes back

>and improves as much this year as he did last year, he could

>very easily be a first round pick next year. Clearly coming

>back is the best move for Ian. I doubt he would throw that

>all away because he and Brad don't get along. He has the

>rest of his life to think about.

He's a decent college player, but wont get drafted first round. Guys like Curtis Withers and Steven Smith are much better players and they might not get drafted at all, and next year's draft is much stronger.

I agree he probably won't get drafted ... but how can you compare Smith with Ian.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

Ian is a kid. He might not even be 21 yet. Sometimes young people can make a crazy decision. He won't be a first round pick but could be a second roudic, someone or a team at the orlando camp might give Ian some bad information and say he will get drafted, people have said how him and coach aren't the best of friends, maybe he was really close with Beane, Sloan, V, or Drejaj, and maybe he just wants to stop going to class, he could play in Europe for the next fifteen years. These are all possible reasons that might not make sense to us but to him it might make the difference. Everyone here hopes Ian doesn't leave, but if that's what he wants then we can't stop him. We have a few young guys we could push to the starting line up, but it would be a big blow if he leaves. With him gone, we will be decent again, but that is all that we hope for at this University anyways.