article from raptors fan site

Don't worry about these articles. I know from browsing the draft sites on the Internet that they are all picking up the same misinformation from each other. The comment about Ian being "soft" and avoiding contact is a joke and an example of a bad generalization. Anyone who watched SLU play these year knew that Ian thrived in contact situations. He loved to bang around on offense and rarely avoided conatact.

The word from the inside is that Ian is almost certain to be back, and that Brad and Ian's family worked together to get Ian more exposure going into his senior year throught the pre-draft process.

I do not think Vouyoukas will go pro, however I do not think it is as sure of a deal as you all think. He entered the draft with the intent to better his chances for next year by gaining exposure to the NBA scouts and executives, however he has always said if he thought he would be a 1st rounder he would enter the draft. Ian is an extremely good kid and the type of kid who I could see being influenced by others. I do not know who Ian is getting advice from, but I sure hope it is someone who has Ian's best interests in their heart and not dolar signs in their mind. You all seem to be bashing TKBilliken for making a prediction that Ian woud not be returning when you do not know what relationship he has with Ian and there is a possibility you all may be speaking to soon.

"You all seem to be bashing TKBilliken for making a prediction that Ian woud not be returning when you do not know what relationship he has with Ian and there is a possibility you all may be speaking to soon."

The fact that TK came on this board and said what he did, is what tells us he is not close to Ian. IV has said time and time again that he entered the draft for exposure. If he is told that a team will draft him first round, he can't turn that down. What kind of friend would go to the teams #1 message board and say Ian isn't coming back? You would have to be a grade A prick to take something that was told by a friend in confidence and post it all over the internet. I'm putting the chances on Ian returning at 50/50 right now.

We are bashing TK for stirring the pot with absolutely no track record of past accuracy. The fact that TK is vouched for by IdiotMetz is another factor. I don't think anyone who cares about the Bills is not worried about Ian returning. We know he's a great talent and hope he's a big success in the NBA. For purely selfish reasons we are hoping Ian will thrill the NBA scouts with an NCAA tourney run this coming year.

PS David Nark's inside info may be crap too BUT Nark's credibility is not open to question.

>>Vouyoukas has been described as your “classic European style player†in terms of forwards as he has a great array of “finesse†moves around the basket and a sweet shot from 15 feet and in. He also has an effective hook shot and gets great position offensively. He’s not seen as a great prospect simply because he’s not a great defender or shot blocker and tends to shy away from contact.<<

Obviously these guys have never seen Ian play. Once they throw that "euro" tag on a big, I think the player has to hacksaw murder someone or pull a Fargo to convince the east coast media that he is not "soft". Ian bangs and, I suspect, will bang even heavier for us next season just to show the critics they are wrong. I say Ian comes back to the Bills with a chip on his shoulder.

I dont know why all of you think that Ian is for sure coming back next year and doubting my credibility. We will all know in a few weeks what direction Ian decides to go with his career. I am a HUGE fan of Billiken basketball, have been forever. I hope that I am wrong and Ian will return for his senior season. If he does I believe we can make a run in the tourney next year. I am just saying that from what I have been hearing Ian's return to SLU's campus is not as great as all of you may think. I told you this a couple of weeks ago and I am sticking to my word. In fact, even in the last couple of days I have been told by my sources some negative news regarding Ians return. I know most of you are doubting my sources but I KNOW they are reliable. I think a lot of you like to believe everything is great on our little Billiken island. But the truth is just because a player or coach says something to the public does not necessarily mean that they feel that way, they all spin the story in a positive manner for the program. Same with their actions at various public settings like banquettes. The players and staff know the public is listening and watching of course they want the program to be perceived in a positive light.

Ian's decision is far from complete. It is my belief that Ians return is more doubtful then many of you are lead to believe. Ian is a very impressionable young kid and I believe that if the wrong person, like an agent, gets in his ear we could be in more trouble. Lets hope he returns because I would love to go dancing come March.

Lets now turn our attention to the Billiken baseball team as they become the George Mason of the baseball tourney. All the way to Omaha.

but why would we not doubt your sources ... no one here knows who you are or who your sources are. We get way more people on here who claim to be somebody they are not, or know things that it turns out they don't ... then we get ones who say they know something and actually do. You may be one of the few ... but on this board the odds are way against it.

I'm not knocking you ... and as I said you may very well have inside info ... but you can't blame us for doubting due to all the BS we get here

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

Hello, only 2nd post from a greek basketball junkie...

I've been following what teams are looking to do in greece over the summer and after the world championships in Japan in terms of recruit. I think Ian's best move would be to stick with SLU unless he can guarentee 1st round nba draft. The problem with greece (am sure Ian knows about this since he's played there) is he could get playing time in a mid or low table team, but getting paid on time, crapy facilities, idiotic managers who only care about money, hooligans at games is an issue. The top 4/5 teams in greece are well organised, play in europe and have many US and European internationals. Panathinaikos showed some interest, they are a top 6 team in europe....but honestly he is not guarenteed time. They depend on experienced international players and young guys just end up rotting on the bench in greece.....sooooo many talented greek guys fall in that trap. Ian will improve more by staying 1 more year at SLU.

I'm sure Ian will consider all this.

Someone with more time and technical savvy will have to do the checking but didn't you say that Ian was NOT coming back? Now hes undecided? Isn't undecided better than gone? Shouldn't we be happy that your inside guys aren't sure he's leaving now?

Unlike Skip, I am knocking you......