Collinsville tourney

slufanskip

Today I had a chance to see East St Louis play Riverview Gardens.

Riverview was vastly undermanned as a result the game wasn't much

to speak about. I think Liddell had 20 by the 3rd quarter and East

Side was up by 30 at that point. I left the game due to the fact I

had to work, but before I left I had a chance to speak with some of

Kevin Lisch's teammates. According to them SLU is the frontrunner

for Kevin's services in 2005. I ask the Notre Dame question and they

stated his father would support wherever Kevin wants to play. Of

course this is only 3rd hand information.

That is great news ... Roy, tell me again where you will be sitting and what you will be wearing ... are you going in the morning.

I'm not sure what shirt I will be wearing but I will be wearing a medium blu hat with SLU in white letters accross the front. I'm 5'11" and about 240.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Keep us updated on how Tommie and Kevin look. Jalensdad, I hope Lisch's teammates were right about SLU beaing the frontrunners right now. Of course I guess he did say a few weeks ago that he really liked SLU a lot and he liked the fact it was so close to home (as per hoopscoop). Maybe Kevin can give us an oral commitment this year, like Polk did during his junior year? I know that's wishful thinking, but that would be great!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

i wont be going until the evening session. i am not taking off work and paying a second admission for the quarterfinal games. east side and althoff neither should be challenged.

i plan on getting to collinsville no later than 6 pm, prob sooner to insure i get a seat. i plan to sit on the end upstairs. (only one end has seats thus no confusion) i will wear my billiken pullover windbreaker.

althoff also won easily yesterday vs granite. i think my son said the score was 80-18!

my son said that livingston had an unbelievable no look pass sitting on the floor last night after diving for a loose ball. i am tell you all, if you havent seen livingston, that alone is worth the drive either today or tomorrow.

i think that today, althoff plays in the quarterfinal at 9 am, east side at 10:30 and livingston at 1 pm or 2:30 pm.

the evening session (separate admission) starts at 7 pm i believe, but like i said, you better get there early. if all goes as it should, the first game in the evening will be althoff and east side and the second game will be peoria central vs either madison or collinsville.

first off, apparently east side lost to quincy today. so no kevin vs tommie matchup. east st louis is now banished to a junior high gym somewhere in collinsville that i dont know where to go to see. that is depressing as it would have been nice to see the lisch vs liddell matchup.

so now it is althoff vs quincy and i assume that peoria central will play either madison or collinsville after that.

directions, man it is one of those deals where you just know the way and not sure of the streets, so i hope i dont get you lost. take 55 over the river and get off at the 157 exit. take 157 south it will seem you are about to leave collinsville and are headed to caseyville. you will come to a weird intersection. kind of a y. you want to make a left here onto i think caseyville road. you will only be on that street for a very short distance and then i think you have another stoplight. that is morrison. morrison and caseyville road border the collinsville high school property. you should be seeing the football field at the corner of that intersection. take a right at morrison so you are in front of the high school. good luck parking there isnt enough usually. and head to the gym. you cant miss it if you got that far. virgil fletcher gym! if collinsville wins today, the whole town will probably be at the gym for the semi matchup vs peoria. so if you do get lost you might not find anyone to get you directions!

hopefully i will see some of you there.

That sucks about not seeing Tommie. Personally, I am not going to make the travel now. I would love to see the Peoria game and watch Kevin, but I was more interested in our recruit. I should have plenty of chances to see Lisch play next year and hopefully he will be a recruit by then.

Yeah its depressing yet its not surprising. In the past 3 appearances

at Collinsville I have yet to see East Side play a good game in the

a.m. I don't know if its a lack of focus or poor coaching but I was

not surprised. The lack of effort shows when the team is warming up.

As far as Luster performance. I can't explain it. You would think the

coaches could pull more out of him. Maybe I need to volunteer my services.

i go to all of kevin's home games and most of his away games and sit there in my sluwear and cheer him on. where are the rest of you?

;-)

i was at the east side game again today and luster, bell, and howlett did nothing. thank god tommie and smith came to play. the coach needs to shake them up someway, somehow. too much talent to be wasting as they are right now. i agree with 3 star on bell, i have never seen him do anything that deserves court time over some of the kids on the bench. on the other hand, i have seen howlett and luster have big days.