Ahearn wanted to play for the Billikens? I'm not so su

I think it's sort of strange that everyone on this board is taking for granted that Ahearn wanted to play for the Billikens...so much so some talk about his developing an attitude so harsh he will bring it to the courts just to prove a point?...ummm...I think that's called talent...and not necessarily attitude...don't you?....the fact is though...if this is true and Ahearn does have an attitude...than let's face it... he certainly has the talent and then some to prove his point! Forty-two points in any game much less a game of your so-called peers is nothing to disregard...fact is...the kid can shoot... and shoots extremely well...and his performance in the All-Star game proved that...I look forward to watching Ahearn play next season for SMSU. I also think Ahearn is very happy with his decision to go to SMS next year and I am not so sure he was as interested in SLU as much as most people think he was...he sounded that way to me when they interviewed him anyway...well I guess we'll never know for sure since he never got the offer from SLU...which I believe will be proved a Big Mistake!...HUGE!

Butter, let me guess, you are an SMS fan? I don't think any of us would argue that Blake is not a pure shooter but no one should get too hyped about points thrown up during a summer all-star game where defense is something of an after-thought. Also, "defense" is the operative word when elvaluating Blake. I wasn't too impressed with his defense in the few DeSmet games I saw (and I'm a DeSmet grad so I was prepared to heap praise on the kid). If Blake torches the Bills over his career at SMS, then the SLU fans may have some regrets; however, I do understand why a coach who stresses defense (as is the case with Brad Soderberg) would pass on Blake Ahearn.

I wish SMS success except for once a year when they play SLU. I like the recruiting class you guys have coming in this year.

Conjecture. Please remember to return in four years after (if) Blake completes his career at SMS and has a running history established.

At that time, either you may continue the gloating with complete justification or ..... not.

Ahearn wanted to come to SLU there is no doubt about that,

Romar was recruiting him and was ready to offer and Ahearn would have signed on the spot. When Brad took over he stopped Blake's recruitment and that pissed of Blake mightily. Once again Blake and his handlers planted stories for Bernie, PD, and RFT going off on SLU.

Ahearn is a great shooter. He cannot play any defense and Brad will not take that type of player under any circumstance. I have no regrets on not taking him as a bball player or as a person seeing how he waged a campaign against SLU after he was rebuffed by Coach Brad.

Remember after Pulley lost his eligibility Brad had to go out and find a PG/gaurd and he came up with Drejaj, I think he felt watching him every day in practice he was an equivalent gaurd, to Ahearn, but a better defender. Good Luck to Ahearn except when he plays SLU.

OMIGOD!!! I do believe all you people are in denial...I ask all of you...HOW MANY POINTS DO YOU GET FOR A STRONG DEFENSE?...you can have great defense...and if that's Coach Brad's goal...so be it...BUT if you don't have a SHOOTER...you don't have anything...and right now SLU is lacking a shooter... again...AHEARN---44...CLARK---1...I also love the way some posts talk about an all star game being nothing but a shoot fest with no show of defense...AGAIN...Ahearn 44... Clark...ONE!!!! Where was Clark's fest?...PLUS...they put all kinds of players on Ahearn to stop him...did they?...no!...one by one he was checking them off his list...oh wait?...I guess they were able to stop Clark...ONE POINT!!!!! The point is whether Billiken fans want to believe it or not...Ahearn showed his stuff on that court last Friday night...and whether you Billiken fans in denial want to believe it or not...WE are going to regret not getting Ahearn as a Billiken...Gloat?...I am not gloating...I'm from St. Louis and I am just tired of going to BORING SLU games!!!!!!!

Here's another tidbit for those Billiken's in denial...Ahearn beat Jimmy McKinneys record of 43 points in that all star game Friday night... I could be wrong...but I don't remember anyone on here thinking McKinney was a potted plant?...well he is a shooter...so maybe you do!

butter said, " I am just tired of going to BORING SLU games"

well at least i dont have to worry about being stuck next to this guy at a game in the future.

enjoy your future weekly drives to springfield mr ahearn.

Butter 33 is so beside himself that he's moving last Saturday up a day. Blake Ahearn's performance was so darn good that it blew us back a day -- to Friday night. Wow!

I believe I was the only person who credited Ahearn with 44 points, and I did it asking if it were accurate. Published reports indicated he scored 41. That would mean he didn't exceed Jimmy McKinney's total. None of this takes away from Blake's performance that night, though.

Finally, like I said before, the fact that Darren Clarke scored just one point (playing out of position) Saturday night doesn't mean he'll never score at SLU. Neither does Ahearn's 41-point outburst mean he'll lead the nation in scoring (or even average double figures).

You think SLU games are boring but you advocate us taking players like Ahearn? We have had plenty of slow white guys that could shoot at SLU; Robertson, Braun, Diener...... that is not what we need now.

The Mrs. Ahearn thing is just a joke. She is probably much smarter than you. I think you are a member of that new organization:

N.O. A.S.S. (National Organization for the Advancement of Slow St. Louisans)?

When does High School start again I am tired of this guys posts?