Now we're upgrading our athleticism!!!

ACE

Ahh, we're finally turning the corner. Sometimes it's tough being a Bills fan, but this is exciting. If Polk can regain his quickness, now joining Tommy, some athletic big guys like IO and the Greek developing, quick, skilled scorers like Bryant and young Mr. Clarke to develop... we're really starting to upgrade the athleticism and skill level over just a couple of years ago. You take that combined with the shrewd coaching of Brad and the future looks bright!!!!

Let's seal the deal with another good recruit. Any scouting reports on this Shaw kid? How tall, is he physical, etc.

Shaw reminds me of Jeff Harris - except that he will give quality minutes earlier in his career than Jeff did. He will play bigger than his size - that is, with a lot of heart. He is a quality athlete - can dunk with ease - and is already a basketball player - sees the court well; passes and shoots well. The only criticism I've heard is: "Well - he's only 6'6!" I say so what - he's the whole package - and hard nosed. I'd like to see him in a Bill's uniform.

From waht I have read and heard (I have not actually seen him play) he is 6'6 205 and loves to muck it up under th boards. However, he can also go out and hit the mid-range jumper. He sounds like he would be the perfect fit to round at this recruiting class.

He takes his official visit to SIU this weekend and they are said to have the inside track. We are in his final three along with SIU, and Stanford, but Stanford hasn't offered yet, so it may be down to us and SIU.

I would say the smart money is on SIU right now, but with the recruits we have landed maybe he can see what is going on up here at SLU and want to be a part of it.

We are in his final three

>along with SIU, and Stanford, but Stanford hasn't offered

>yet, so it may be down to us and SIU.

Stanford cannot offer until he is accepted into the university. If he's serious about Stanford he'll have to wait until the late period to see if he gets in before Montgomery can give him an offical offer.

billiken law said, "Stanford cannot offer until he is accepted into the university. If he's serious about Stanford he'll have to wait until the late period to see if he gets in before Montgomery can give him an offical offer."

i had heard that about stanford policy before as well. however i have read on a number of recruiting boards recently where they mentioned players that montgomery has already offered to. so that isnt apparently true.

for example, according to dave telep's insiders.com site, top big men, peter prowitt and taj finger have already verballed to stanford and there are scholarship offers on the table right now for dave nwankwo, zam fredrick and trent plaisteel. all five of these guys are being recruited by top programs as well.

imo, shaw has no chance of being offered by stanford.

IMHO it hasn't really taken Coach Soderberg a lot of time to put his stamp on this team. There was no question that he was dealt a poor hand, but Coach impressed me with his roll up the sleeves attitude for making positive things happen. He has shown with this years recruting class that he can get the talented local kids. I believe that we have a lot to look forward to under Brad Soderberg's able coaching. I said when he took the job that Rome wasn't built in a year. I think this will be an interesting year and any postseason that would come will be gravy.