Brad is accountable!

and you know he didn't offer everyone he thought would help us?

That is what I don't get ... everyone acts like they know what UB did or didn't do ... and in reality no one on this board has a clue.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy I do know what I am talking about and I am not twisting the Shaw recruitment. BS told Shaw that the reason they were not offering was specifically "we need to see you play more" (you know the old seven evaluation period ploy. Sound familiar). NOT we can't offer you until KG makes up his mind. This is where I get back to giving KG the ultimatum "KG we want you but you have to decide withinin 48 hours" or we are going in another direction. The if KG doesn't commit you offer and get Shaw. By following this process we would be sitting here today with Matt Shaw for the last two years and the next two as well. As it stands we have neither KG or Matt Shaw. Doesn't matter how you want to wash it BS made a major mistake here.

In a way BS was even more reckless in his recruitment of Stemler. At least with the Grimes ordeal he had a backup in Matt Shaw. BS is currently claiming he had no second option after Stemler's decision.

Question to BS...IF YOU HAVE NO SECOND OPTION WHY NOT OFFER THE ONLY OPTION YOU HAVE?

he had no second option on stemler maybe because he only wanted stemler as wing. all other available wings were not better than what we already had in either brown, meyer, polk and maguire.

judging by what is mentioned on the internet as available 3 point shooting wings that is what makes sense to me.

Skip,

Give it up; there is no use arguing with a few of these guys on the Board who seem to think that Brad can pick up a phone and order whatever he wants in terms of players and within moments there will be a line forming at West Pine waiting to play for SLU. I agree with you on this one, Brad needs more time before people give up on him.

Nobody has given up on Brad - all that is being said, is what are his plans? You are correct - we do not know if he offered Walls or not or anybody else. The question still begs - is he identifying appropriate attainable recruits or not - we still don't know for sure and as each recruiting period passes he will answer the question one way or the other. Remember, I was the on who said we have to let the summer and the fall recruiting periods take place before knowing exactly where we are.

Why would I leave? I am still am SLU fan and a supporter of all area players who stay close (i.e. Slu) or those who go away. Heard from Lance that Blacklegde committed to Marquette today. I guess he will join that long list of players that could not play for SLU from SWIC. And as far as having no clue...I have read your posts and maybe you should look in the mirror and really question how much you really know!

Excuse me, you need to leave this board. If I see another Coach K/Brad Soderberg comparison, I'll personally pay for your psychiatric evaluation. There is NO comparison between the two coaches....

Take out everything physical about DUKE and SLU....facilities, academics, location, women, social scene, professors, endowments, national rankings, history of the program, wins and losses, etc...

...and take a look at the Coaching Pedigree:

Brad Soderberg: Dick Bennett --overall grade as a coach B- (generous)

Mike Kryzeskwi: Mr./Sir Robert Montgomery Knight ---overall grade as a coach A+....the man learned from a world-renowned legend. Go to Sri Lanka and throw a chair across a basketball court and some kid will say "Bobby Knight." Now, I'm sure that kid is probably the most impoverished kid in the third world, but he knows about Bobby. The man is a legend and Coach K is coach who is driven. If he would have taken over the William and Mary program, we'd probably be talking about Billy and the ***** making the Elite 8 on a year in and year out basis...he's just that damn good.

Dick Bennett, on the other hand, wouldn't be recognized buying a lawnmower at Super Wal-Mart in Pullman.

I refuse to give Soderberg more time. SLU is in a panic mode right now, and I wish we would have put more effort in the "National Search" that Woolard and the Gang did when Romar jumped ship. We didn't even have to use the Lou Fusz car that they sent over to drive to Champaign or West Lafyette or Durham to find our next head coach. All we did was peek into Soderberg's office and say "Hey, Brad, the job is yours, but we're not going to announce it for a week or so, so the general public thinks we're having a "National Search."

GET THE JOB DONE. RECRUIT.