Bills have offered 2008 Big Man

MidStateHoops.com has reported that SLU has offered Brett Thompson of Vienna HS in Illinois. Thompson is a 6'11 Center who is quite similar to Illinois recruit Mike Tisdale. It appears that SLU is looking closely at the St. Louis Eagles program. Thompson teams with Brandenburg, Suggs, and Kramer Soderberg on the Eagles 17U. All three have potential futures at SLU. Thompson was said by Rivals.com to have competed well at the Kingwood Classic last weekend.

Hopefully the Billikens can build an early relationship with Thompson and Brandenburg before they become high major prospects. It surely helps that they team up with Kramer every week too.

If this true, the quesstion I have is why would you offer to two centers from the same class? I know Brad has not offered Brandenburg yet but some have surmised that this will happen soon. Could it be that he does not plan to offer to Brandenburg or would the two be in different classes - their age might be the same but not necessarily the year they are in?

in the article on brett's offer, he mentioned SLU's success in recruiting Illinois players with Kevin's strong freshman year and his sister Theresa and Dustin coming in. It would have been nice if he had also mentioned Tommie's outstanding freshman year a well.

bad boyz for life

Why wouldn't you offer 2 players at the same position. The position is big man ... you will never, ever have enough good ones. If you only offer one and he declines ... you are probably 2 late for the other one. And if both come all the better.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

>If this true, the quesstion I have is why would you offer to

>two centers from the same class? I know Brad has not

>offered Brandenburg yet but some have surmised that this

>will happen soon. Could it be that he does not plan to

>offer to Brandenburg or would the two be in different

>classes - their age might be the same but not necessarily

>the year they are in?

If that's true that SLU hasn't offered Brandenburg yet, that's very disappointing.

Offering Thompson and Brandenburg would be a smart move. Chances are they are not going to get both kids, but if they do that's quite a coup for the Billikens. Two 6-foot-11 kids in the same class is a good get for any school, especially two kids like that with a lot of potential. You can probably play both of them at the same time, depending on the other options at the power forward spot, or you just let them battle it out for PT.

- Nate

>If this true, the quesstion I have is why would you offer to

>two centers from the same class? I know Brad has not

>offered Brandenburg yet but some have surmised that this

>will happen soon. Could it be that he does not plan to

>offer to Brandenburg or would the two be in different

>classes - their age might be the same but not necessarily

>the year they are in?

Brett Thompson shot 47% from the 3pt arc last season. I'm pretty sure he could step out and play some 4. Why would'nt you offer two centers from the same class. This is how you get the top prospects. You offer them early before all the big schools get to them. Waiting leads to losing out.

>Rainmaker.... just curious, did Justin Dentman and Josh Tabb

>ever walk over to the arena and watch the Salukis?

Yeah, Josh Tabb did, as he originally signed with the Salukis. Never saw Dentmon there, he was an ISU signee first. I would not call 35 miles "walking distance" though.

Maybe going to NCAA tournaments appeals to the Thompson kid.

I'd have a lot more faith in their player rankings if they knew how to spell the name of their 15th ranked player this year-our own Dustin Maguire (or as Mid-States spells it "McGuire"). Dustin, if you read this board, may I suggest you change the speling of your last name!