Blake Ahearn Predictions

Box and Won

I don't really follow SMS very close so I have no idea how much PT that Master Ahearn has been getting. I'm not looking for him to light up this Billiken team even though the game is in Springfield...home of what used to be (in my days) the most popular Missouri tourist attraction...Bass Pro Shop. Back to Blake, depending on his minutes, I'd say he scores 5 or less on Saturday.

I saw where the hotshot Soph Guard for Grambling (Rush) only had 4 pts tonight on 2/11 shooting...he came into tonights game averaging just under 20 a game. I do look for Blake to have an equally tough game against our experienced backcourt.

Heard on Fox Sports Midwest tonight that Blake lead SMS with 19 in double overtime win over the Kangaroos of UMKC (BTW, how does a team in Kansas City, Missouri acquire the nickname of "Kangaroos"???). For me, it all depends who guards him. If Josh guards Blake, you can forget about it ... he ain't scoring. Even a health Drejaj would completely shut him down. Sounds like even Reggie is gain an intensity on defense that he lack his first few games back.

i think blake will have a good game on saturday offensively because he can light it up from long distance. he's an excellent player who you need to account for. he is now a starter, so he has a little added confidence.

the big question is who will blake guard on our team. It's gonna be either reggie, josh or izik if that's who starts.

whoever blake is assigned to guard needs to exploit his terrible defensive ability to the max. he is a huge liability on the defensive end (which his own coach hinson admitted on frank's show this morning). if we don't exploit that, then our coaches are not doing their job to well. even if it doesn't mean scoring, but being able to get by him off the dribble and create an easier shot for someone else. if drejaj is in the game, i can see blake on him because anthony brings very little offensively these days. on the other end, if we allow him to set and get off several good looks at the basket, he will kill us. don't count on him shooting 1 for 10 like he did against wichita state. if i'm wrong, i'll admit it.

even if he does light us up, it doesn't change a thing in terms of the direction of the program and slu not recruiting him. i think sodes is happy with having tommie, dwayne and luke coming into the program and he will be even happier if kevin lisch follows up. those four, along with an experienced drejaj and d.c. give us more than enough to compete in the A-10 in two years.

bad boyz for life