Why we love SLU (more appropriate, maybe?)

MUFAN2000

earl austin jr and frank cusamano are fans.... sure makes it more enjoyable when probably the two most knowledgeable basketball minds in the st louis media are also fans of the billikens.

consistently great effort, great student athletes that get the most out of their abilities and demonstrate what college athletics are supposed to be about.

probably the coolest mascot in the country.

as a fan, always a great roller coaster ride. sure makes the experience always interesting and exciting.

besides the aforementioned perry, anthony bonner, larry the legend, justin love, erwin claggett, scott highmark, h waldman, donnie dobbs, maurice jeffers, david burns and of course most certainly easy ed mccauley......however i will say that as far as i know, none of the above ever passed 24 credit hours in 6 weeks before. so academically i guess that might be disappointing.

the miracle in memphis

while it has been mentioned before, i feel he cant be mentioned too many times. brad soderberg the real definition of what a college coach should be. class, dignity, the right priorities.

...give me your address. I'll send you a quarter so you can call someone who cares.

Let me re-phrase that, give me your mommy and daddy's address...THEN I'll send them the quarter. They can help you dial.

SLU would be meaningless if they didn't already love SLU.

Quite simply, I'm a homer. I grew up and live in St. Louis, and Saint Louis University is the only Division One/"professional" basketball team in the city. I love basketball, and SLU is the only thing within 100 miles. As the baseball theme song, "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," says, root, root, root for the home team.... The Billikens are MY team, and I don't know how any St. Louis sports fan who considers himself or herself a fan of the hometown teams could not love the Billikens. They tend to give folks a reason to. And Spoonball did manage to have that effect before football returned with the Rams.

My ex-wife is from Charleston Mo ... and knows the whole Frazier clan. Ricky lives in the bootheel area ...still Charleston area I believe ... I met him a couple of times. I will just say how valuable an education from Mizzou has been for him ... I'm pretty sure he knows how to count dimes.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

how can one not love the hometown team. The fact that SLU hasn't enjoyed consistent success will make the feeling that much more wonderful if they ever make the Final Four. I loved the disciplined, homegrown effort of Grawer, the emphasis on the little man of Spoon, the gentlemanly nature of Romar, and the focused tenacity of Brad. We've been blessed to have such good, clean coaches in the program.