Missouri State out per Lunardi

kshoe

CBS is ripping the heck out of MVC...really questiionng that they even got four teams. MVC will need to do some proving in this tournament. Seems to be the big theme of Nantz and Packer...but granted, they will have a bias toward big conferences and east coast/Big 10.

packer is such a butthead. The only conference I felt got too many was the SEC. I thought all along the Valley would get 4. It was always just a question about which 4. Obviously you could see the committee was cautious about the Valley, but didn't completely want to screw it over. Well, if the Valley goes 0-4 then you won't see this many go again and everybody will say "I told you so". Have a couple of teams make some noise and the valley could come into its on.

they think 4 teams in the field but seeded as 1s 2s, 3s and 4s is the equivalent of the 10-13 seeds the Valley got. I'd rather have 3 teams with seeds 1-5 that 5 teams seeded 9-12 if my goal was to win the most games.

Packer was the idiot that criticized St. Joes a couple years ago. Man it would have been sweet if St. Joes had made the Final 4 and Martelli could make fun of him some more.

I agree ... I don't think the MVC should have 4 ... but to argue that they are getting equal consideration as the Big 12 or ACC is just stupid. Since they did get 4 ... I have no problem with their seeding ... now it is time for them to show what they have.

I also don't have a problem with GW getting an 8 ... play someone.

In top 16 ... I thought Tex got screwed being the 2nd seed in Duke's region. They were 2-1 against #1 seeds.

Overall the Memphis region looks weak to me.

I think X could give Gonzaga a run ...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Well, GW got hosed. Playing two NC teams in NC if we are lucky? UNC Wilmington should NOT be getting a more home game over a lower seed PERIOD, that is just ********. As an 8 seed, at least put us in Philly or something and create a Calhoun v. Hobbs Matchup for the second round.

God, I know our SOS was bad, but we lost 2 **** games all year and one without our only inside player and the other was on the road against what is considered to be a 10 seed. And THEY PUT US IN NORTH CAROLINA AGAINST A UNC TEAM????? *****!

(NOTE: Post edited by davidnark for bad language ;) )

What bothers me is the WAY too much consideration for Conference Tourneys.

Syracuse a 5....a 5.....WOW. You've got to be kidding me. They received a better seed than West Virginia, Georgetown, Marquette...and same as Pitt....all of whom finished tied for 4th or better in conference. ...let alone vs other teams. I knew Cal would get in...but they jumped up to a 7 because of conference tourney. KU getting a 4. Iowa a 3.

IU getting a 6 was a wow. Nevada a 5.

Air Force was the head scratcher...very surpised Cincy didn't get in.

MO St, Mich, FSU, etc...all bubble teams no surprise to me.

Didn't we just have a discussion about language on the board O fearless leader??? Or does that only apply to the people who don't pay the bills. Im just kiddin, if I was GW fan, I would be pissed too, but I am not, and I think that they are about right at the 8.

and I'm sure some on here will try to make it, is that the Valley got screwed in favor of the big boys. they got screwed by the West Coast teams. for the most part, the big boy bubbles of Cinci, Florida St. etc. got screwed too.

>they think 4 teams in the field but seeded as 1s 2s, 3s and

>4s is the equivalent of the 10-13 seeds the Valley got. I'd

>rather have 3 teams with seeds 1-5 that 5 teams seeded 9-12

>if my goal was to win the most games.

>

>Packer was the idiot that criticized St. Joes a couple years

>ago. Man it would have been sweet if St. Joes had made the

>Final 4 and Martelli could make fun of him some more.

I couldn't agree more. Packer and Nantz are idiots. Trying to compare the tourney records of the Colonial and MVC vs. the Acc and Big 12(or whoever) is ridiculous. Like you said, the higer seeded teams(big schools) will have a better record than the smaller schools. If it was up to them, the whole tourney would be the ACC, PAC TEN BIG TEN, BIG 12, BIG EAST AND SEC. Why even invite the other schools.

And they were making it sound like the Power conferences got screwed this year. I think they got 26 out of the 34 bids. how is that different from any other year? Packer even mentioned that "well 7 of the 10 committee members were not from the power conferences and it showed in the selection." No it didn't!!!! God, I can't stand him.

No way Footes. Based upon some of the other teams that got in ahead of them, it makes no sense at all. Mo St. should have got in over Air Force or UAB to name two. They have an RPI in the twenties. They were 8-2 in the final 10. They did what the tourney wants. The committee screwed them.

If GW wins the conf. tourney they are a higher seed but for the A10 it was better that they did not. As far as Cincy, Creighton, and SMS goes, if any of them get in then how do you keep SJoes out? Their RPI was very similar. SMS appears to have gotten screwed but truthfully, they did not win their conf. nor go very for in their conf. tourney. Plus the only poetic justice here is that Bradley was the one who got SMS's slot and they did it by making it to the conf. tourney final. The MVC got four bids and that seems about what they deserve. What did you think of the Selection Committee Chairperson when he said "power confs control who they play so maybe they need to start playing some of these higher ranked mid major teams to boost their RPI". I found that very interesting.