Senior Night

God this loss sucks. If we would have had any at-large hopes (as very small as they may be) dashed, why couldn't of it been against a better team....Damnit.

Anyway. How was the reception for the Seniors on Senior night?

It was real good. Unfortunately it seemed like much of the typically-late arriving game crowd didn't make enough of an effort to get there early, but those who were there, including myself, certainly let AD and VN know how much we appreciate what they have done for the Bills.

with the extra walk up savvis wasnt prepared for the crowd. the parking lots couldnt get the cars in fast enough, there were 10 deep lines at the ticket windows, etc. if savvis wasnt going to put the extra people on to handle this crowd, then they should have started the festivities later due to the crowd imo. however i am sure radio and tv wouldnt have been happy with that.

Blame each and every palsied old nimrod trying to back his car in to each and every parking spot, often making at least on other parking spot unusable in the process. Here's a hint. Pull straight in. It takes less than half the time. PS if you back in, I wll not let you in ahead of me on the way out. If you see a white pontiac sunfire that rudely WILL NOT let you in when you try to pullout nose first, it'll probably be me.

I was a big disappointed in the response for Drejaj's senior night announcement. I was expecting a huge roar from the crowd, but I tend to be an idealist :) I really liked that he acknowledged the crowd as much as he did...with a "thank you" attitude rather than a "you're welcome". That was really cool.

Steve,

It was mis-managed. The game-management folks had the senior stuff early, before the pregame clock had even expired. It all occured before 7 pm. SO, the normal fan who would arrive for a 705 or 710 tipoff probably missed it. It included the usual parents and flowers. It also included a "video tribute" to both "V" (blue crew held up the letter V) and AD. All of the video footage seemed to be from this year, so the three from AD in the Iowa game wasnt included.

Haha thanks. The funny thing about that timeout contest is that I'm an avid runner and a run a few miles every other day....but then I realized that you have to stop and turn around quickly and go back...if it had been a straight shot I woulda won! :) I starting having flashbacks from basketball tryouts freshman year of high school (I was one of 2 people cut from the JV & Varsity teams). That timeout reinforced the fact that I am meant to be an athletic supporter.

Even people in the basketball office today said, "What was up with that blowout last night?" I was like, "Oh no, they did a good job...they played really hard!" And they said, "No, not the game, I'm talking about you! What was that??"

Thanks for the compliments for BC this year! When I look back on everything we've done since the beginning of the year it's exhausting, but being the perfectionist I am, I only want to do bigger and better things next year....assuming I get re-elected :)

if they dont re-elect you the crew has problems. you have done more with student support than anyone in the 30 years i have been following slu basketball. your drive is extremely impressive and i can only imagine how much better it will continue to grow. thanks diane!