Another Perspective on Snyder

aj_arete

The guy is a liar who believes he can get away with anything. Why are folks here so eager to accept him at face value? And before you suggest that his "statements" corroborate what Jessica Bunge said, just consider that Bunge really didn't know what was going on and that her story is influence by the things Clemons told her.

On the flip side, why were Mizzou and their fans so quick to intially think Ricky was credible when he said he didn't assault Bunge, only to turn around now and say he's not credible? Is it because at the time of the Bunge situation, Mizzou needed their point guard? Now, when he's no longer on the team, he's considered a liar.

I don't think we ever necessarily considered him "credible." This is the same guy who said he saw a moose in alaska and had a dead mother. He's never been to alaska, and his mother is very much alive. In fact, he's a proven liar- look at the transcripts, he still claims he hasn't choked Bunge even though he plead guilty.

... everybody has benefactors, detractors, those you like, those who like you. Considering this is, as some said, from Quin's hometown, I would say its to be expected. I suspect that the truth lies somewhere in between the "Quin's a great guy" line and "Money, money everywhere."

I do think its laughable that Ricky was not a liar when the whole Jessica Bunge thing broke and now he is. From all this, I think the guy has credibility problems and that alone might be the difference in all this. Do you believe him? Just him? And are you the NCAA? I'd say no because as others have noted, his credibility is certainly lacking ... but I still think the problem lies in what the Missus'es were saying and how that corroborates the story.

Even if Mizzou gets out unscathed in general, and frankly at this point I think at most the stuff will be minor, there are huge problems in Boone County that will still need resolution long after this is gone. Can the crackers work for the power elite knowing this is how they're thought of? Interesting storyline will ring long and loud even once Ricky goes back to his old moose hunting ground and his mother.

But why would Ricky lie to the wives about getting money from the coaches? Was he trying to impress them, like we was Jessica Bunge? I highly doubt it. He even said he didn't want to take the bball program down or the coaches because they stood by him, so he would keep quiet about it. Plus it's not like he knew the calls were being recorded, so what reason would he have to lie to them? Sorry, I'm not a Clemons fan by any means, but I believe him in this case.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Alright MUFAN2000, I'll give ya that one. I wasn't aware that they had signs up or recordings that came on informing people that the conversations were taped. Of course, I also didn't realize that Ricky could read or understand words with more than one syllable either. I still believe him though. But let's face it, we both have biased opinions.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

So get rid of all the blacks who are involved in this mess yet keep all the whites (Snyder,who started it and has been involved in questionable activity since he came to the program.Odom who is also an assissitant just like Harvey and is also accused of cash handouts.And Alden the AD who allowed all of this nefarious activity to take place.Sounds rather rascist to me.I guess we know where you're coming from.

I tell you even for a Mizzou fan you are really out in left field, no you're completely out of the Ball Park.I did not mention her statements in my post,yes she did use a term "cracker" that at one time was a racial slur in the South, especially in the state of Georgia.But I believe I was responding to your post having racial overtones which it certainly did!!!!Go to class, get an education,learn something.

how did it have racial overtones that you didn't place on it? I never mentioned race once. If they were white people and Quin and Alden were black, would you accuse me of racism? You're creating the issue, and if you were to ask anyone I know (steve for instance) they would assure you that I am in no way a racist.