Another Perspective on Snyder

aj_arete

I know a few on the board would like to see MU clobbered but others I think are not rooting for that - just that the truth comes out and appropriate consequences are handed out. If the truth shows that Clemmons is lying and Bunge is too then fine but there is way to much smoke here for only a few minor infractions to be it. Granted until proven otherwise it is possible but each day new news comes out it becomes (regrettably) probable. If every unsavory character's story was just dismissed because of their character without investigating it most of the criminals in jail today would never have been conficted. I learned a long time ago that just because some is crazy or has lied does not make them 100% of the time wrong.

You know when I first read your comment I thought you were talking about Snyder. Then I reread the title.

It is not so much that I am willing to except everything he says as truth but I am willing to believe some of what he says is accurate or truthful.

What I cannot do is simply blame this whole scandal on Clemons....after all he was recruited.....he had dropped out of school.....do I believe Ricky would work off his tail to get 24 credits without inducements......No he was actively recruited......Why? because Mizzou needed a point gaurd desperately....So the coaching staff went after him, calling him too frequently....and somehow helping him become eligible.For now give the staff the benefit of the doubt that this part was all above board.

What some people want us to believe is that Ricky clemons was a good recruit everything was Kosher until he got to Mizzou and then he turned into Dr. Jekyll. Sorry I do not buy that... I think he is who he is, an unfortunate soul who had a horrible upbringing, leaving him essentially homeless....his hope was basketball, but his actions got in the way.

He assualted Bunge.......suspended one game.....the staff chose to play him...THEY BELIEVED HIM!! HA THEY NEEDED HIM!!! (this pathological liar)

He gets convicted.......suspended for a year but could come back???Why just out of the goodness of Quin's heart or are they worried about what he might say. They needed him to keep quiet......

Then he recks the ATV, everyone plays dumb but he was driven to the party by someone from the athletic department.

Now we get to listen to conversations he is having with others around the situation, he does not know he is being taped, he claims he was paid and he says Bunge saw the money. Three pieces of information fit together here, bunge's acoount, clemons account and the fact she saw 100's and 50 dollar bills....not the kind of cash you get for meal money.......Her testimony in her depostion talked of clothes, quin admitted to some clothes in a humorously evasive answer.

It is not so much that Ricky is credible in most instances he is not, however we are allowed to look at the whole picture, and believe some of what he says to be accurate. I find it far fetched that this poor coaching staff did not know about his prior tussle with the law, that they simply assisted ricky becoming eligible, that they only suspended him for a game because Bunge was lying not him, that they had nothing to do with him getting to the ATV party, that quin only gave him some flips flops and sweats. No I think this porgram has been out of control, and has tried to take short cuts to succeed, Clemons recruitment was one of those short cuts and as a taxpayer of the State of Missouri I do hold quin fully responsible.