ANTHONY DREJAJ

baller44

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I nitwits who say AD will ave 18-20 a game will be disappointed. I won't be. AD was a last second pick up after Romar screwed us over. In that light anything AD does is a pleasant surprise. He's already better than most of the role players in the recent past. Compare him to Ross Varner and Big sky montana guy who's name escapes me at the moment.

Please don't be fooled by a person's grammar (not grammer) in writing. MANY highly educated people have atrocious grammar, particularly when writing. Why do you think many professionals have secretaries? Furthermore, as a scholarship athlete, Anthony Drejaj would certainly have a tutor help him with his papers. Certainly a tutor would "help" him edit his papers to be within a professor's tolerance for grammatical correctness, but that doesn't mean he would internalize the correct style unless he was committed to it. Most people who don't love writing will not be committed to automatic correctness -- particularly not in informal writing, like this board. (Take our own beloved Roy, for example. He can write very well and communicate his ideas very eloquently and persuasively, but he HATES to extend either pinky to hold down the shift key.) Many writers are lazy. Lastly, the notion that grammar is indicative of a person's intelligence is simply not true, despite what you've been conditioned to believe.

I'm not going to declare definitively that baller44 is Frank Drejaj and BillikenBurg is Anthony Drejaj, but it sure seems like it. It doesn't matter either way. We're all here just to have fun discussing the Billikens.

No this is not anthony drejaj or frank drejaj. i am a fan of the two they played high school ball in new jersey in a county where there were not white superstar basketball players. only the two brothers from albania.

i've been watching the two play for years. his brother comes from not even making the freshman team to being 15th man on the jv team to being all-county, all-area, all-conference, all-state, etc. not to mention he won two county championships and two state championships and was the leading scorer and leading rebounder for those two seasons.

ad went on to play in the finals of both the states and the countys but never won. he too lead his team in scoring and steals and assissts and second in rebounds. he has matched up against some of the top guards in the country one on one, guards such as sabstain telefair number one senior in the country, omar cook, chris thomas notre dame, randy foye villanova time after time, in matter of fact they come from the same area in new jersey, they played against each other in the county finals. ad has out played foye a numerous amount of times. neway, the kid could play, don't under estimate his ability to take over games, i have and he has proved me wrong. and i seen him dunk on a few people during his high school career also. ad packed on a few pounds at college, when he came home everyone was thinking he joined the football in st. louis, he's built like a tank.

THE WATCHER~

C'mon man, get a clue. Nobody here is hating on AD at all. All they are doing is setting some reasonable expectations for the kid. I think everybody here loves the kid. If anything, they are pretty lofty expectations. I feel AD is going to be a crucial part of this team...his heart and skills combine to make him very useful. But you're predicting a 2nd team C-USA player out of somebody who was far from it just one season ago. He had some very nice games, and I'm sure he'll have some nice games this season too...just be realistic. I'm definetly think he can make an all conference team of some sort by the time he's a senior. But to say he's got hops and speed is a little over board. He has a decent vertical and can grab a board or two....but when I see him flying over opponents and doing tomahawk dunks (ala mo jeffers), then I'll say he's "got hops"

We're glad to have Anthony Drejaj on the team, and we feel he was a steal for Brad Soderberg. We know he's a good player and has been successful at a high level. We expect him to be a staple of the Billiken squads of the next three years. But we don't proclaim that he's this fantastic athlete that will score in the high teens. I hope that last statement doesn't disqualify us (me, in particular) as fans.

By the way, as I stated in another post in this thread, I do believe AD can dunk. I don't tend to joke around too much except with my closest friends (and even then I won't stray far from the truth), so I want you to believe that when I told AD I believe he can dunk, I mean it in all sincerity. He'll dunk on a good day, but a person physically gifted with hops can dunk virtually anytime he wants, provided he's healthy. Lee Winfield, who Julian claimed could still dunk at age 40, and Lorenzo Romar had those kind of hops. Is it really a knock on Drejaj to say that he doesn't have that kind of hops?

Please keep posting. Billiken fandom is TAKING OVER.

I agree a lot about what you say, but Fish will be the guy to bring the ball up this year. I watched him in the 5 on 6 drills, and nobody is going to defend him 1 on 1 - he's the best ball handler on the team, and has tremendous strength. He'll blow by or run over any opposition.

I don't equate hops with quickness. The guy with the big vertical leap is great on offense for dunks and jumpshots, but when he gets way up there on defense in response to a fake, he's helpless...because it takes time to come down. AD has shown me he's quick, and can get his shot off in traffic - because of his quicks. Most basketball is played beneath the rims, so the ability to dunk is lost on me as a requisite for greatness. I think AD has the quicks to play D1 in any league.

ad was being recruited by rugters(big east) st. john's(big east) providence(big east) virgina tech(big east) thats a few that recruited him early. other big schools such as san jose state(wac)

manhattan(maac)ncaa tourney team, southern conneticut state(nec) ncaa tourney team, monmouth(nec) ncaa tourney team wagner(nec) ncaa tourney team, iona(maac) ncaa tourney team.

there are a bunch more but i just named the few off the top of my head from conversations that i had with his auu and high school coaches.

this kid is a player, its good that he is not getting that much recognition from the fans but you have to love his style of play.

he has a true love for the game. and he doesn't manuever on that court the way an average white player would. not to be racist. but anyone that knows basketball knows what i'm talking about. the defense, the passing, the handles on the ball, the shooting, never scared, the court awareness. he takes it at anyone, he is BIG TIME.

A-TRAIN COMING THRU CHOO CHOO LETS GO MIGHTY MIGHTY SLU !!!!!!!!!

THE WATCHER~

btw, tonite at the scrimmage, anthony was asked how he did defending dejuan wagner in h.s. he said he never played against him. you told us he did.

>o yeah im sure he was playing a scrub like you as hard as he

>would a d-1 player, he probably felt sorry for you hangin

>round the basketball tream wishin u were close to that good

>so he let u rip him or go by him once so u can go to bed

>happy that night

Man, I'm so happy you got a few minutes of [censored] from calling me a scrub groupie.

No, I don't think he was trying his hardest. You did read where I said we were horsing around, right? Nevertheless, my point stands, undeterred. I've played casual one-on-one with enough people to read what kind of athleticism, moves, and handles someone has. Well, Drejaj's skills are not special. Above average, probably (not above average among Conference USA guards), but not special. But that doesn't make him not a good player.

i never said that he did play against d. wagner. he wasn't given the oppurtunity, ad was a sophmore on a team that featured bradon knight from pitt university , marcus toney-el out of seton hall university, jamar nutter out of seton hall university, marc curry out of delaware university, tyrone barley out of st. joseph's university, anthony actually started with this team until he had a stress facture break in his foot, fourth game into the season, ad returned after 4 weeks, played right away, battling brandon knight everyday in practice, ad returned in time for the states- was placed in the starting line up with this group i meantioned above, ad drew the asigment of d-ing the other teams best scorer, ad locked him up. the kid had four points he was an all-state senior guard out of christian brothers academy.

Anyway, ad did, hell of a job, next game was the tournament of champions finals, ad did not see one minute of playing time, ad was heart broken, the kid was crushed, what did he do, he became the incredible hulk, he began working so hard at every aspect of his game. the following season AD single handedly brang his team back to the state finals they lost every one except for ad and jamar nutter who will play at seton hall university this year. ad lead the teams to the state finals and was the mvp for that game which they lost in overtime by 2 points. his stats were something like 19 points 8 rebounds 6 assists and 5 steals for that game, and who knows how many loose balls he had that game.

ONCE AGAIN THIS KID IS SPECIAL!!!!!!!

THE WATCHER~