Morrison Quote....

TheGoat

"The fans, I know they support Saint Louis, but the majority came to see us play," Morrison said. "I don't want to knock on their program or anything but we know every place we go people are going to be excited to play us."

What a jackass, even if it is partly true. I really used to like this guy until he said this and other things this year. Seems as if a little of the success has gone to his head...and his 'stache.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a moron! Yeah, the majority came to see Gonzaga, none of us went to see the Billikens, none of us went because we were in town for Christmas. None of us went because the Billikens are playing better. None of us went because we have season tickets.

As my good friend says, you can't fix stupid....or arrogant, for that matter. Good thing he can play ball; that arrogance doesn't work as well stocking shelves at the local Wal-Mart.

Maybe I should cut him a break given that he is just a young kid, but it doesn't change that fact that he said something really stupid.

What a jerk! A program has a few years of success and now their players think theyre a national power. I got news for you Adam, you play for Gonzaga, not Duke, Not North Carolina, Not Uconn etc. Your mid major school plays in a mid major conference, I would love to see Gonzaga play in the Big Ten,Big East,Acc or SEC and see what kind of record they put up each year. It wont be long, and the Gonzaga "super-cool trend" will die off, and the Zags will return to where they came from.

He needs to shave that sh!t stain around his mouth he calls a moustache. We're so lucky that he was willing to grace us lowly St. Louisans with his presence last night. I used to root for the Zags, but after watching his antics last night, I'm not so sure I'll be pulling for them anymore.

if we draw 15 k in each of our next two games then i guess your shots at morrison's statements have validity. it is my guess that for the most part he is right and we will have less than 9k saturday and about 12k on friday.

Nati ... I agree, It's different having to play tough competition every night in league play, rather than once in awhile.

1 word for Morrison ... overated. The next Larry Bird ... you've got to be kidding. He is good ...but not that good, even less if the Refs weren't looking to get his autograph.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

skip obviously your site lines in the second half when morrison was at the far end of the floor was impaired.

i agree i am not ready to change morrison's name to bird, but he is the real deal. the shots he made in that 2 minute stretch in the second half were incredible. and that doesnt even take into consideration what he did to just get the ball in his hands. liddell played his best defense i have ever seen liddell play for an entire game. yet morrison scored at will down the stretch.

i am very much impressed with him. what i wasnt impressed with was the rest of the gonzaga team. ravio showed a smooth shot, but in truth, polk and lisch tied him up the entire game. he wasnt even allowed to be the point guard.

and batista was totally out played by both justin and ian.

all in all, last nite, morrison was the only player on the floor that outplayed the billikens imo.

he said "the majority". He didn't say "a lot", or "we always bring in a good crowd" or "we usually boost attendance". He said "the majority". Any competitive game the Thursday before Christmas (why do you think they schedule the Braggin' Rights game at this time of the year?) when a ton of people are in town and the Billikens are playing well is going to draw pretty darn good, unless we are playing a team with a 150+ RPI. Did the fact that Gonzaga is ranked in the top 10 increase the size of the crowd? Duh!! Of course it did, but that doesn't mean that 8,000 people came only to see Morrison and his team. I would guess that a lot of people will be heading back home on Monday so next week's games will be lighter in attendance, but I would also expect a really good crowd next Friday, largely because of the way the Bills are playing, the fact it is a Friday night, and the fact that Iowa will be a very competitive team.

Do you really think that is inaccurate?

>if we draw 15 k in each of our next two games then i guess

>your shots at morrison's statements have validity. it is my

>guess that for the most part he is right and we will have

>less than 9k saturday and about 12k on friday.

Who freakin cares! Even if he is right, which he is not, who says that and actually believes that they are not the most arrogant sonofabitch in the world!?!? Man, there is some times when you really just shouldn't open your mouth. I know the guy is good and I used to root for him as a good player that I really respected for his talent.....I wont make that mistake again.

i think that close to half of the people there last nite were there to see gonzaga. i would love to be proven wrong the next three games.

Gus Johnson, who I think is great at calling games (Although when he gets excited he screams like a wild animal) said Morrison was the best player in D1 hoops after he hit that game winner against Ok St. I disagree, I said it before last night, and believe it more afterwards, I would take Rudy Gay over Morrison any day of the week.

A great college basketball player and I will still be rooting for him and my 2nd most favorite Jesuit team the Zags to do great things the rest of the year. If I am not mistaken Adam was a ball boy for the Zags as a kid and he always dreamed of playing for his home town team. We should be so lucky as to get a kid with his talent to want to be a Billiken from childhood. Let's just hope that is the kind of program that Coach Soderberg is building at SLU. I'd also really like to see us continue playing the Zags even though Spokane, WA is a heckuva place to have to travel.

I was pleased to see that we had over 15K at this game. Hopefully, with the Blues playing so horrible some of the fans that don't normally attend our games were entertained enough by our hustling young team that they will give us another look this year.

i think the poy discussion begins and ends with morrison, gay and reddick.

right now, i pick morrison because of his size, and what he can do with the ball both inside and away from the basket.

gay is sheer power and slashing ability, but is nowhere near the shooter that reddick and morrison are.

reddick is just the opposite, good guard, great shooter, but he isnt going to ever get to the basket like morrison or gay can.

Morrison drops that quote 5 years ago when the Zags were still the darlings of colege basketball and it's deemed "confidence" Now that they are an established program it's arrogance? He may be a jerk, I don't know him, but it just goes to show that people love to hate on the top teams. Especially good 'ol underdog, unappreciated, no respect for us SLU Fans.

what impressed me about his shot is the different arcs he used when shooting, Husak forced him to change his shot once, and he missed the second time nothing but net...

I hate to see a talent like that fake fouls, and complain when he gets called for fouls. HE ALMOST Tackled Husak out of bounds and pretended he was fouled.

I cannot take away his ability though, the jury is out on his personality, but I am trying to give hime the benefit of the doubt with his history of insulin dependent diabetes

Well...I knew when I posted about Morrison's tendency to chatter a week or two ago...it would lead to a thread like this...sigh.

You are going to wear yourself out if you get bent out of shape over what college or even pro athletes say on or off the court. No big deal. If Cinci came to town this year, wouldn't they be a little less interesting without Huggins? Some of the so called "nice" people out there are bigger jerks than the so called jerks, and some aren't. That's the way it goes.

The only other thing I can add is ...can't judge a team, SLU or Gonzaga on one game. Sizing up a player based on one game is ridiculous ...good or bad. Seeing or watching several games is m more accurate reflection of the evaluation of a player. Commenting on one game and having thoughts about one game is one thing, but attributing theose comments as the overall evaluation of a player is far from complete.

It just seems to me that some of the Billiken fans tend to be rather whiny after a tough loss...picking apart comments by great players is rather childish IHMO...I guess different strokes for different folks. I'd much rather read accounts of the game than what someone said.

Look, I get the whole sour grapes issue, but if Tommie Liddell goes down to MU/Missouri State and torches them and spouts his mouth off in the same way, I'll roast his ass for saying it too! It really has nothing to do with how spectacular the game was for both teams. I can accept that we lost, I had it penciled in as a loss at the start of the season. It does have everything to do with arrogance, and i understand you need a little of that in the game today.

Just lost a lot of respect for the kid, thats all...he puts the ass in class.

I think he is good ... but not as good as the hype. He has been compared favorably to Bird. On a 1-10 if Bird is a 9, Morrison is a 4. They are not in the same Gym. Morrison had a good 2nd half and made some incredible shots, I'll give him that ... but he wasn't as good as the hype last night.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman