I'm thinking

slu72

in our next two "biggie" games we could possibly beat Iowa. Think this hinges though on how we do against Oak and the Zags. First, take Oakland up there, let these guys know what a win on the road is like. Second, a good game against the zags like UNC, and the Zags are much better than UNC, would be another confidence booster. We should get some major attendance for that game so a good showing might pull in some more people for the rest of the year. Then just maybe we can beat the Hawkeyes. That would be a great way to go into conference play.

it is entirely possible we will go 4-2 in the final 6 non conference games. We should beat Oakland and if we are a good team we will beat them.

Mississippi may play in the SEC but there is no reason to think they are a good team. They lost by 53 to New Mexico. Pomeroy has us as 1 point underdogs to them so thats basically a coin flip.

No trip-ups vs. the cupcakes and then you have two home games against good teams. Horner may still be out for the Iowa game which could be huge.

Even as slight underdogs in each of those games the chances are better than 50/50 that we'll win at least 1.

7-5 entering the A-10 isn't exceptional but its nothing to be embarassed about either. That is my goal for this team.

I decided the realistic yet optimistic non-conference record for me is 7-5. That hinges on us being able to beat Oakland on the road, win the two against kennesaw State and Chicago state, and being able to win at least one of the three against Miss, Gonzaga, and Iowa. That either means a home win over a very tough opponent or a less tough opponent on the road. I think 7-5 would be solid considering the difficult non-conference schedule.

what # would you put on "major attendance"? for us, at this point, 12-14 is major attendance in my mind as that is 2'x season tix

I gotta tell you what went through my mind during the shootout they announced the Bills were up at half time....dreaming now, they annoucne the SLU victory during the game, the 6-7000 that are there go nuts, there is a line at the advance ticket window when the V games ends, we beat Oak and Miss and there are 14k for Kennesaw St, we drill them, we get 19k for Gonzaga and win,drill Chi state, get 20k for Iowa and win, get 17k for STB and win, beat GW on the road, FAmily Arena is sold out for UMASS, people are clammering for the game to be moved to the Dome, ebay has SLU tickets selling for UMASS at 2x's face and then the SOB behind me kicked my seat and I woke up before I could get to a fully funded SLU Arena

I think ole miss is definitely a win. Watching one of the games the other night on ESPN, Dickie V gave out his cupcake award to Ole Miss stating that he thought they had one of the weakest schedules in the nation. Interestingly enough, when he was rattling off the cupcakes, he didn't mention the Billikens. Obviously we aren't a cupcake, but by some of the comments during the pre and halftime shows last night, ESPN has little respect for us.

http://olemisssports.collegesports.com/spo...skbl-sched.html

that don't normally pay for tickets to the Billikens games that have already purchased or plan to purchase tickets for the game. The timing of it right before Christmas and with people taking an earlier vacation is perfect. There could be a nice crowd.

I'm not so sure that attendance will be entirely great. Student attendance will be low since it is over break, also I would imagine attendance will suffer a bit since the Braggin Rights game is the night before. Some people might have to pick and choose which of those to go to if they can't free up two night so close to Christmas.

I would hope there are a lot of people there though!

box and won said, "maybe we should have special shirts printed up to differentiate ourselves from the bandwagon jumpers!"

just wear billiken blue. pretenders wont.

At this stage, I would hope the Zags create at least 11-12,000, Iowa similar. AS for the other two 8,500-9,000. That's not asking too much. As for my dream of the day, we get UNC next year in Savvis with their all star all mcdonald frosh plus their all french fry returnees. They come in ranked about #5 and undefeated. We rock them in front of 21,000 screaming sea of royal blue wearing bills fans. We get voted to 21 in the country and Alex Tyus declares he wants to be a Billiken.

I'd suggest a Billikens.com. shirt. Myself I wore a billikens hat, billikens polo under a grey St Louis Univ sweatshirt. Oh by the way there was a small contingent of Bills fans, about 7 or 8, waving pom poms about two sections over from me. Couldn't get to them too crowded. Also, the upper level seats in the dean dome are killers. You feel like your sitting in a second grade desk seat with about as much leg room as Wilt Chamberlain would have in the backseat of a mustang. Anyone who weighs in over 210 with a big trailer or an inseam of +34 had to have a long uncomfortable night.