Question about the Refs...

Iggy

Were they A-10, ACC or some other conference refs? I remember in the Arizona home and home that they brought their Pac-10 refs to our place and we took C-USA refs to their place. I'm sure it's a bargaining point in each agreement. I'm curious to know what conference refs we get next year in the return trip. Does anybody know?

is i wouldnt hire them for a 5th grade game.

the two teams didnt shoot 20 free throws combined!! the billikens only shot 6.

yet they foul ian out?

and if for no other reason, the robbery on liddell's block should get them banned. that was the tide turner.

I found out they were ACC refs. I hope that means we get our guys next year. I hope that in order to schedule series' like this we don't have to roll over and agree to use their refs in both games.

While I would agree with a poster elsewhere that we can't blame the refs for the loss, they were clearly the sixth man for Carolina last night. Unfortunately, this is such a common thing in college hoops, and this is the classic example where a home team in what on paper is a lopsided game gets the benefit of the doubt almost every timel. Not even sure refs do this consciously, but it is a big problem in the college game.

does using our refs mean that pollard, higgens and sanzerne would ref? not sure that would be anykind of an advantage!!

The shame of it is - refs being homers for the big teams - is those big teams are good enough that they do not need the advantage. I guess the issue is that they know the big name coaches have the pull to get them dumped so they feel like they have to cater to them on the close calls.

If we do get our refs next year then I hope the idiots who worked the Jackson State game are not "our refs". They were a joke and Brad needs to do whatever necessary to make sure we never pay them to work another home non-conf game. I sure hope they were not A-10 officials!

We won't get home cooking even if they are A10 refs ... they will be in awe of UNC ... maybe even to the point of thinking if they make the "right" calls ... they could get a better job.

At least at home I will feel better as I will get to dish out my own abuse. Man would I have loved to be in the middle of the UNC fans last night just going nuts.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman