Barring any injuries

slu72

I understand the pessimism, but I'm optimistic because Brad's teams have historically played better as the season progresses and so I guess I'm more excited not about what this team is now, but what they can be in two months.

Steve, I don't think the Hawaii game was all that bad an omen for us. Yes, Sensely killed us, but he killed Mich St as well. We will have trouble with PF's. Guess the reason is the frosh are playing better than I expected, AD's being the leader we needed, and, of course, IV is proving to be a force. That said, I'm looking forward to my visit to Chapel Hill and see how he does against Tyler H.

is all it takes for a 4-5 game swing in your predictions? I thought you had more conviction given how much we argued about it.

Personally I think we are going to win 2-3 more than I originally picked (which I believe was 16) not because of what I've seen from the Bills but from how disapointing much of our future schedule has played. UWM already has two losses and doesn't look like the team from last year. Mississippi is now a winnable game. Plus, the A-10 has been a little more dispointing thatn I had hoped.

I probably would have pegged us for a 75-100 RPI before the season started and although I think we'll get more wins then I predcited I don't know if that RPI will change as wins over teams like SIU and maybe a UWM won't mean nearly as much as they would have last year.

I'm sticking with mine for now ..... while I am pleased with the SIU win, not much has changed as far as my changing beliefs with the Bills. Still to early to call .... The Colts were 0- 5 in the preseason. Not that its the same, but the non-conference season is still in effect and I'm waiting until that's done. Today's game will be interesting .... based on my past prediciton, this was a loss and I'm not ready to gulp the Kool-Aid just yet. I know circumstances have changed and I think this is more winnable than before. I just prefer to wait and see.

I am beginning to think that the problem at the four won't be as noticeable in the A-10. The A-10 is a guard-oriented league and there are not as many fours and fives day in and day out there. More Tulane and ECU quality guys than UC or Louisville. Again, only time will tell.

My original pick acknowledges that we will win some games we're not supposed to. And that we'll lose some to balance that out. I'm still at "who really knows."

Here's hoping for a win tonight!

I agree. We beat a down SIU team on a BAD shooting night. That's going to happen from time to time. I wouldn't totally credit out defense for SIU's shooting. They had more shots pinball out of the hole than I've seen in one game ever. This evening will be a bigger, more important test. A solid victory tonight and I'll be an NIT believer.

A senior-laden team, underachieving of course, that has been to the Sweet Sixteen playing a freshman dominated team at home in an out-of-conference game. Are you surprised? I'm not. These are the growing pains common in first-yea player/team seasons.

They doubled Ian, got the home cooking of the refs, wore out an out-of-position freshman in the second half. Overall, as BS and others have said, its a good loss providing we learn something from it.

I realyl believe this is an educational season .... given the fact that a lot of talent leaves early every year, with one year under our belts, with improvement by Ian, Tommie, Kevin, Dwayne, Danny and Luke, next year is the key one in the life of BS at SLU in my opinion.

We beat Jackson State but given that freshmen went into Lexington yesterday and beat #10 Kentucky ... hoo boy look out Wednesday at the Dean Dome!!!!!